You Have To Wonder If Urban Meyer Knew Something.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Nov 21, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It just seems awfully convenient that Ohio State has a coaching vacancy at the same time he's finishing his sabbatical.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

At the very least, he knew he had another mediocre season on the horizon at Florida.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you'd think he'd be worried about sanctions.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hasn't the NCAA pretty much cleared tOSU of everything?

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't expect them to get hit much, but I believe they did just get a Failure to Monitor charge.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What exactly do you mean when you say you wonder if he knew something?

Couldn't he have just planned on returning whenever the job was available without knowing when it would be?

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Coincidence? I think not...

This would be a win/win situation for both parties and they both know it. Meyer already has a QB in Braxton Miller (sp?) and enough talent to be successful out of the gate . Throw in the clout that OSU has as a program and recruiting would be as easy as it was while he was at Florida. The final piece to the puzzle is that OSU is in the Big 10 (or 12 -whatever they're called) which almost guarantees Meyer success. Like I said, win/win for everybody and if there was ever an opportunity for him to return to coaching it would be now.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Don't see it. He legitimately seemed to hate it his last year and the only message he could have gotten from that season was that leaning on your assistants leads to crappy results.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Hate to see Ohio State recover so well, so quickly from the scandal with Tressel and company.

All the other major programs like FSU, Nebraska, Michigan, Tennessee, Alabama, and Miami have had to go through extended periods of irrelevance after the departure of a national championship coach.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

With the exception of Nebraska, the period of irrelevance for the other schools you listed got off to a start under the championship coach.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Meyer should recruit well enough to do well at Ohio State. However, Buckeye fans probably expect a big start next year, and I think they'll be a little let down.

They have a decent amount of young guys playing, but the team has some serious questions for next year, at least as far as the offense is concerned.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

True, but coaching changes did little to quickly correct the problems. I just want to see all other traditional powers share in our misery.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They didn't give them a failure to monitor, but they could easily get some sort of postseason ban.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

They just got a Failure to Monitor a couple weeks ago.