I hate Memphis State

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Nov 22, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't case if it is a loser's bracket game in Maui, you people have no idea how much I want to win this game today. On many levels, this would be a huge win for the team (and for those of us who still have roots in West TN).

And yes, I refer to them as Memphis State still.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

They'll always be Memphis State.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never paid much attention to Memphis state

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

What do you mean 'STILL call them Memphis State"? Did I miss something?

5. CardinalVol

I think it's official, heneforth they shall only be referred to as Memphis State on this board. Any other reference shall earn a idiot click from me.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I was always partial to Tiger High.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just remember watching that basketball game in '06 watching all those fools in the Fedex Forum wearing their we hate Tennessee shirts and talking about how much they hate Tennessee, and probably 75% minimum of them call themselves Tennessee football fans... irks me.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tiger High is also acceptable.

9. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Never had a problem with them and pull for them if they aren't playing UT.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You better have a degree from there, or I'm going to assume you are a front-running doucher.

There can be only one team. Let it be orange.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did McBee lose a bet? That mustache is fierce.

12. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I was born there and my favorite players as a little kid were William Bedford and Elliot Perry.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's fight. Meet me on the playground in 2 hours.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I was born in Memphis, and I like the city.

Don't really care about Tiger High, though.

15. JayVols

SSSHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT! That is all.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is really hard to be upset. I have more hope than I thought I ever would this season. We can make the tourney. You have to figure the mistakes by Golden are correctable.

17. JayVols

Same here IP. Just venting. I am greatly encouraged. I had resigned myself that we wouldn't be able to beat The Little Sisters for the Blind and Deaf University this year. Where the hell did this Maymon dude come from? That can't be the same guy as last year is it? This has to be that guy's brother or something.

Coach 'Zo looks to be doing some work. Woo-hoo! Still sucks that Memphis State beat us, but we have a shot to make it to the dance if this level of play continues. Playing all this tough competition this early will help come February and March....I think. I could be wrong. As I said, I'm a bball novice.

18. CardinalVol

This may be considered a banable offense.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just feel like we have some real coaching going on now, so I can stop assuming no improvement through a season.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I've been to Memphis State once. That was enough.