Lebron James Is Really Good At Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 6, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm watching Heat v. Knicks right now, and man he's just silly good. If Jordan still ends up going down as the best basketball player ever -- and I'm not saying he will, but we can assume it for argument -- then doesn't Lebron go down as the most versatile? Like Magic, but with defense, yes?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LeBron is such a freak he gets under appreciated. He looks like a comic book super hero and people expect him to do what he does.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Speaking of the Knicks, I'm a fan and they're hard to watch. Phil Jackson has his work cut out for him. J.R. Smith is the NBA's version of Jordan McRae, never met a shot he didn't like, he hit 10 3's but shot 22 and 28 total today. The bench is awful, no one other than Shumpert scored off the bench. Jesus, fix this shit already. LeBron is amazing though.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is Lebron somewhat a victim of his own hype? The guy was touted as the next big thing while still in high school.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The fact that he's, in my opinion, lived up to the hype is incredible. Usually people touted so highly get crushed by the accompanying ego.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a pretty humble guy considering how he could be.

7. kidbourbon

It really is. Most people touted like he was, and at that age, don't actually turn out to be all time greats. He has.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Bird was every bit as versatile as either and a better shooter and rebounder. Dude was nasty at every phase.

9. kidbourbon

And defense?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

There's a big difference in being a great passing forward and having the ability to play all five positions offensively. Bird is the former, LeBron is the latter.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Leave on can't play the post against a post defender. Bird pointed the offense when necessary. I'd say Bird was better at the top than LeBron is at the bottom. As shooters or rebounders, it isn't remotely close.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Magic? You didn't mention that he couldn't defend and didn't really try.

14. kidbourbon

I did mention that. And then you mentioned Bird. I'm asking in response to that.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That era of NBA basketball was a better brand IMO.

16. kidbourbon

"brand"? Or better quality basketball? Because we've already gone over the latter claim in another thread. I can direct you there.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Both.

18. kidbourbon

It was better quality basketball only in the very top teams. The league didn't have more talent back then and that's a #fact

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That would be the relevant part to me.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Fundamentals and actual basketball players were the norm then. Guys may be more athletic top to bottom now. But the game and overall product is lacking.