Media Mocking Tennessee

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by tvolsfan, Apr 15, 2014.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Link One

Link Two

Needless to say, this is a big hire for the Athletic Department.

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

lol at Dana O'neil.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

We are rejoicing him leaving yet apparently the media perceives us as butthurt.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Don't care what the media thinks.

Landing this hire tells the tale. We know exactly what Cal just got.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't like Forde's headline is wrong.

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Woe is us. How will we ever find someone who will make the tourney 1/3 of the time with that 1 time being a total "back in?"

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nope

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

And some of the butt-hurt I have read has been that Martin has waited to do this "after Pearl went elsewhere," which if I were Martin I would see as vindication of him leaving now.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

For some reason, I'm in true fan mode right now.

**** ESPN. Dana O'Neil, you're not my mom. Shut the **** up with the reap what you sow bullshit.

I can't even think of a reason for Yahoo to still exist. Is it some kind of tax writeoff? Can't think of anything else plausible.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Neither headline is wrong. The AD is a cluster****, and I don't think anybody that matters cares.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm afraid Forde is more right than wrong.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Need a petition.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Liberal media. Pay no mind to them.

14. netnvol

netnvol Member

So Tennessee fans got what they deserved by having a personally likable, entirely mediocre coach leave? Well, alright. The one article touts the comparative records of Martin and Pearl but didn't mention what a huge pile of shit this year's team appeared to be most of the time while competing in a historically bad SEC.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't mind calling out the athletic department or slamming the obsession with Pearl. I hate the idea the idea that Tennessee fans have high expectations. The opposite is true. And let's face it. Most of our fans will support mediocrity over making a change. You really have to do poorly for the fans not to like you.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

All we have to do is hire Howland and this whole story spins differently.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dana's ideas that we were too hard on Martin or should have licked his balls after he "thumped" Mercer just piss me off.

You know, a few breaks here and there and freaking [ddiapos] makes the post season, too. Give him some pansy-ass bowl opponent and he puts together a halfway decent season in 2012. Some ******** writer looking to vilify a school in order to make a more interesting article would have shamed us all for cussing him in 2011.

18. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

So, we should anoint Martin the second coming of Christ for getting to the sweet 16 when we came within a short hair of missing the dance?

**** you Martin, ESPN and any other media member with an anti-Tennessee agenda.

Why in the hell should we be overjoyed with mediocrity? WE ARE [dadgum] TENNESSEE! We expect to win early and often, not survive by the hair of our respective ball sacks in any sport. We are top5-7 in attendance in both football and basketball. There are expectations that come with our loyalty.

Jesus Christ and Holy Shit.....Where's the Tylenol?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

When statistical machinations are your main support, stop trying.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The big guy is fahrd up. I like it.