Lady Vols Basketball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by TennFan, Oct 18, 2011.

1. TennFan

TennFan New Member

Can't wait for the season to start! They won't be coming to Gainesville this season. YUCK! I was at the game this year. It was over in 5 minutes as the Lady Vols blew the Lady Gators off the court. Got a few good pictures at the game, especially a close up of Pat.

2. crusse10

crusse10 Member

Damn...I loved seeing "Never" under a forum about discussing women's sports.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not much of a fan of the sport, but this team is going to be very, very good this year. Could be Pat's last title.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care about women's basketball, but it would be an appropriate final tour for Summit. She has been good to the university, above and beyond her sphere.

5. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Girls have their first exhibition game tonight. Won't be much of a game, but I will probably go watch the first half.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

First-hand impressions would be most welcome.

7. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Overall, the lady vols played a solid game. It is hard to tell too much about a team when they are playing division II teams. They played solid defense. Vicky Baugh is back to her old self, so maybe she will stay healthy. I am worried about their lack of a consistent outside shooter because they shot poorly early on from the 3 point line. They did a good job of setting themselves up for some nice mid range jumpers but missed several of them in the 1st half. Hopefully, they struggled because it is the first game. All of the freshman looked good as well. I think all 3 of them will play a huge part with this year's team. Cierra Burdick has a very smooth, controlled game. She had some good passes and some good rebounds. Ariel Massengale should be able to run the offense well once she gets completely healthy. She has missed several practices and was just cleared to practice yesterday. The team can contend for a championship, if they play defense the way they are capable of.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

that man [itch bay] from Baylor was a monster today.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty sure she could sodomize me and I would be unable to stop her.

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Been told that Summitt's condition has deteriorated pretty quickly and that she's not doing too well. Sad.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I have unfortunately heard the same, albeit from far lesser and fewer sources than your own.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My wife had the game on yesterday and quite frankly, she looked bad. We both realized it the moment we saw her. Hate it tremendously for her.

13. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Yep, sad. Will this be her last year?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lord, it is hard to watch someone go out like this. I don't think she is really involved directly anymore with the team.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

your wife?

you ain't gotta lie to kick it.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

me and my roommate are convinced she has a [penis].

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Glory Johnson, OTOH...

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

we were discussing how there isn't a solid white girl on the team this year.

i mean alicia manning is the best we have to work with.

19. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I met Holly Warlick Wednesday. Her personality reminds me a lot of Pat. Friendly and all around great person.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Watched the game against Rutgers last night and was struck by the disengagement of Summitt. I have to agree with the earlier posters that she must be deeper into the condition than UT is letting on. Between her and Dean Smith, it's heartbreaking to watch two people whom have accomplished so much, but will very soon have no memory of those they affected and the things they did.