Predict Where Manziel will be drafted

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, May 5, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can predict two discrete categories:

Where he will be drafted overall, and where will he be drafted among quarterbacks.

Go.

And any predictions of "in NYC" will result in a mod tantrum PJ-style.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Did kidb hack your account?

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

No, but The Kid Supports this thread.

4. kidbourbon

Overall: 4
    QBs: 1

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm going all in saying he's drafted top 5, first QB overall

6. kidbourbon

And your prediction?

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

My prediction is he goes #4 to Cleveland ... and dies on the vine like the rest of the Cleveland draft picks.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Or at the Raiders, with the same results

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ding ding ding ding

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Its too bad he can't go somewhere like the Saints, Patriots, or even Packers. Maybe learn a system behind a decent QB, see what he's really got.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

people don't use first round draft picks on qbs who won't play till someone retires. hell they don't really use second or third round ones either. i'm not a huge believer there are a bunch of guys out there who woudl have been great qbs given different circumstances anyway. maybe a guy like alex smith, who goes from sucking to decent, but not one who goes from sucking to hall of famer.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Second round, 3rd QB taken.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Before or after the guy from central florida

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

as lousy as i think manziel will be, i have no doubt someone will fall in love with him and draft him early. people are still desperate for qbs.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am the opposite. I actually think there are teams/coaches/franchises that could turn the majority of drafted QB's into a decent starter. Not elite, but decent enough. The majority of teams/coaches/franchises can't. Russell Wilson on about 20 other teams would never be a pro bowler, for example. And there are probably 5 or so QB's that could have done as well or better than him had they ended up in his spot.

JMO. Manning would be good anywhere. Luck would be good anywhere. Yes, that guy at Green Bay would be good anywhere. Conversely, many QB's would be good enough at Kansas City. Or New England (I went there). Or Detroit.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Before.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think wilson would start on an awful lot of teams. he mostly fell because of his height. he looked like an nfl qb at wisconsin. i do agree though that you could replace an andy dalton with a mark sanchez and probably get similar results.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. And I think Wilson is on that same level. Flip around Dalton, Sanchez and Wilson, and you'd get similar results out of them on each team. JMO.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh i think wilson is much better than dalton. his decision making is excellent.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's put in positions where he can succeed. Dalton hasn't been all the time.