Interesting NBA draft hypothetical question

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, May 22, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

How many players in the league would you trade the #1 pick for straight up?

In other words, you're the owner of the Cavs and Pat Riley calls you and offers you Lebron for the #1 pick. You take it in approximately 0.000000032 seconds. But what if he had offered Wade instead? I'd say thanks but no thanks.

The easy ones, imo, are:
    Lebron James
    Anthony Davis
    Kevin Durant
    Chris Paul
    Blake Griffin
    Kevin Love
    Stephen Curry
    Westbrook

Who else? I'm sure I'm forgetting a few obvious ones And there are also a few I did think of but left off, who I think are arguable. And if anybody says Kobe, be forewarned that I will mock you so relentlessly that you'll surely delete your account here, turn to drugs and alcohol, eventually attempt to off yourself, fail, decide life is worth living, create a new account, reintroduce youself, and then immediately receive even more relentless mocking from me that this time also includes cracks about how only a true failure can't even off himself correctly ...rinse, lather, repeat.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I know his knees are awful but I'd still take Derrick Rose.

3. Why in the hell would ANYONE give up a #1 overall pick for a guy who is headed into his 19th NBA season and has barely managed to get on the court the last two years?

4. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I hope the Cavs trade the #1 pick for Love

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kobe Bryant 5 years ago to rookie Kobe Bryant. Old man piano-playing Kobe Bryant? Sort of trollish to even act like someone would say that. Outside of Kobe Bryant.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Westbrook? Or nah. Same with Griffin.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Wall and Beal in Washington could be on that list soon, that would be a gamble.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Wait…are you saying that you would trade either of them for a number one pick?

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I think there are more than a few guys that I wouldn't trade for the number one pick. Proven commodities vs pure potential.

10. kidbourbon

Sort of trollish to make even a passive/aggressive accusation of trollishness in response to the OP.

11. kidbourbon

Speak up.

12. kidbourbon

We own the Cavs in this hypo. We're not concerned with whether the trade gets offered to us because we're assuming that all of them are.

13. kidbourbon

Nah.

14. kidbourbon

Dem knees doe.

15. kidbourbon

They wouldn't. Unless they would. Well, maybe nobody would now. But two years ago, there people on message boards all over these United States who would have said Kobe. It was just as dumb then, but people love to fellate that guy, and prop him up as being way way way better than he actually ever was. I hate Kobe Bryant.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

passive aggressive? I'm coming right at you. This thread is sort of trollish. You ask an interesting question, fill in all of the reasonable answers, then defy anyone to say anything else interesting. What kind of thread is that?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Would not trade for either of them in exchange for the #1 pick this year. You know what you get with Griffin, an athletic freak who looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane unless he's going for a dunk. I'm still waiting on him to hit more than 25% of his jumpers. And Westbrook is just out of control.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

CJ Watson. #VFL

19. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

I'd only take LeBron in a sign and trade.

20. kidbourbon

If you take the bolded out of the above -- and you should have, because it's completely wrong* -- I'll go with "a reasonably interesting thread that doesn't suck so long as IP doesn't chime in with a head-scratchingly unnecessary post that inaccurately characterizes the intent of the person who started the thread and wastes precious electrons in the process".

Try to post substance.