Next Vols Head Coach

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 28, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Whether it's next week, next year, or in several years who do you want? List three types of candidate.

1. Fairly unrealistic big fish mega ultra super surefire winner hire

2. The guy you'd focus most of your efforts on after Jon Gruden and Bill Belichick say "no"

3. Up and comer you think could succeed here

For me:
    1. Jon Gruden
    2. Gary Patterson
    3. Would've said Brady Hoke last year... This year I'm not sure, but maybe Perry Fewell.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Gary Patterson would work I also like Briles.

3. WM

WM Active Member

Who's that? Lead singer for Jane's Addiction?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The New York Giants D coordinator I believe

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He was also the Bills interim coach for half a season and actually had them playing alright. Took over a 3-7 team and went 3-3 with 2 of those being very close losses to the Jets and Patriots.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

1. Jim Harbaugh
    2. Al Golden
    3. Larry Fedora

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I would demand an explanation with some small kernel of plausibility as to what happened at North Carolina and then immediately write Butch Davis a blank check.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

This thread makes me want to cry. None of this is going to happen. If we even do get rid of Dooley, we'll just hire some nobody that no one has ever heard of who will to campus, ejaculate on the General Neyland statue's face, laugh, and then lose his way to an early departure with a sweet buyout.

We've entered a death spiral, and Hart is going to have to either petition the heavens or collaborate with hell to get us out of it.

9. WM

WM Active Member

I just have to believe that the karma pendulum is about to swing back in our favor. For Christ sakes, the coaching search and rejections after Kiffin left was just brutally embarrassing yet i talked myself back off the ledge because of the unique shitty situation.
    Fact is Saban fell into Bama's lap in a dumb luck timing scenario. They were heading towards Shula 2.0 after Rich Rod backed out. I just have to keep believing that i will wake up tomorrow morning and this AIDS cloud will have dissipated over our program. I mean what the [uck fay], we have the facilities, tradition and the fanbase to be in this elite program discussion. I just don't get it.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

#2 is fine with me.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That's the reality I know I'll eventually have to face. In the mean time, I'll hold on to the dream that Jon Gruden's wife will get tired of watching her school play shitty football and nag him until he eventually takes the job.

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'll stick with my prediction. Charlie Strong will be the next coach at UT.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

How do you think he would do? I haven't been paying much attention to Louisville, so I don't know much about him other than his record.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Would you mind attaching a year to this prediction?

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's done a hell of a job at Louisville

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Who would/should be the OC?

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Charlie Strong please.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Strong/Nutt 2012

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A stong nutt would be hard to beat

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agreed. A Strong Nutt would be a huge stress reliever for me going into 2012.