In the mean time at OSU....

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They just went out and hired the best damn coach that they could, and not accidentally, did it by paying him what he's worth.

So, when considering that their 'AA shit was worse than ours to an exponent of about 10, seeing that they are going to come out well ahead of us, both in the short and long term, is hard to fathom, honestly. In the span of a single hire theyre not only going to erase all that has occurred, but will emerge stronger.....its just mind [uck fay]ing blowing to me that we're sitting here hoping that the schlep we hired can win 7 games next year and keep Bama and LSU within something better than 30+ point losses.

What the [uck fay] are we (meaning, the collective Tennessee family) [uck fay]ing doing here, men?

How can the need be so painfully obvious to all and the solution to our ills be so abundantly clear - and yet be so seemingly and utterly elusive to solve?

We've got to stop [uck fay]ing around, toot sweet.

If you can't go to bed tonight secure in the belief that Dooley is going to be able to consistently play and compete at the highest level, then it's time to move the [uck fay] on. Write the check. Fire up the jet. Bring this program what we deserve, and which has been without for almost a DECADE now. A [uck fay]ing decade of this bullshit.

Enough.

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

How often does a team go from a coach who dominated his conference, won a national championship, played for a couple more... and then end up with a better coach to more or less replace him in less than a year? Unbelievable.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

When you go out and hire the Buzz Petersons, Derek Dooleys and Todd Raleighs of the world, you say to anyone that notices -- we only partially care about being good at sports. If that is true, fine. Up the admission standards, scrap plans for the new sports complex and double the size of the library. Become Northwestern. Walk around with your head held high knowing your alma mater is committed to producing high quality students in a high quality academic setting.

But that doesn't appear to be happening either, at least yet. So commit the money to the entity the people of your state seem to really care about: a good, sometimes great, football and basketball program you can be proud of.

(I should add, high quality academics/sports are not mutually exclusive, see Ohio State or USC as recent examples).

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

OSU just went out and hired a [ussy pay]. A winning/whining [ussy pay].

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Meyer does look extremely chickenshit

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Still has nightmares about taking it up the ass from Bama's very own elf on the shelf.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never seen a coach absolutely admit defeat and run away like Meyer did. The overblown health issues, the "I want to see my children play volleyball" spiel and then taking a job with ESPN almost immediately after "resigning" all looks like a coward on the run now.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Someone from ESPN tweeted "Urban Meyer leaves his family to spend more time with his job"....I laughed.

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

considering OSU is/was Meyers "dream job", this was not surprising

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Nick Saban being in his conference

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Preach it, D.