Regarding Assistant Coach Turnover...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 29, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Every coach on staff is scheduled to head on the recruiting trail this week. The only one I'm not sure about is Charlie Baggett, but I don't think his job is in danger.

Dooley, Terry Joseph, Darin Hinshaw, Lance Thompson, Peter Sirmon, Jim Chaney, and Justin Wilcox are on the road now.

Eric Russell and Heistand are supposed to be leaving for recruiting trips in the next few days.

Not sure if it means anything, but you'd think if Chaney and/or Joseph were about to get canned it wouldn't be the greatest thing to have them out talking to recruits. I guess Heistand's trip could always be cancelled if the trigger is pulled soon.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'm assuming that some changes are coming, but just from the people on this board, who are the ones that likely do not return?

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Dooley is stuck. Needs to make some moves to better his team and his chances NEXT year. Too much turnover (while it may be good for a long haul) may cause just enough of a disruption short term that one loss to the wrong team ends it all.

He is out of house money right now and gambling with his UT future now. That happens when you can't build up equity off what you have done. We are waiting for him to do something he has never done.

4. BigOrangeBeech

fyp

5. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Heistand must go

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Wilcox leaves, there's no reason not to start over.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I keep hearing that Jim is safe, but I don't see how in the hell he can still be here next year.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I agree.

I was talking about changes that Dooley makes.

9. BigOrangeBeech

This is what I have been saying. Especially if Sirmon goes with him.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm really disappointed there have not already been firings.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I stick by my belief that there are coaches that should have been fired before the bus rolled out of Lexington.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Or floggings, or something.

Hell, I'd be satisfied with any indication that there are repercussions for sucking. A simple, "Jim Chaney isn't available today. Because he failed to score more than 7 points against Kentucky, he is sitting in timeout," would be a start.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I thought about that, then decided it wasn't the best move. We are probably contractually obligated to produce a coach's show, and somebody has to clean out the offices. I think 9:30est Sunday morning was the perfect time.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just let Bob ramble for the entire show. He's good at it.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, Darin Hinshaw has in the past coached running backs and receivers in case any shuffling comes about.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He would somehow [uck fay] his own ramblings up.