Something else to consider.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by O+W=H., Nov 29, 2011.

1. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

What if Dooley wins next year. Bray. Talent on the edges. Neal. Lane. Wilcox gets his big man(McCullers). Lathers.Maggit.

Get a line coach that can get guys to run block and they could be quite good.

Then what/

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bray leaves and 2013 is disaster.

I would be all for Dooley staying here and winning multiple SEC titles and one or two National Titles I just don't think he can.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Seconded.

4. cotton

I would ask OWH, though, what he has seen from Dooley, either here or elsewhere, that makes any winning scenario likely.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

What if Jennifer Aniston wakes up tomorrow and decides she wants to spend the holidays in Fiji, nakey with jt5.

6. cotton

Post pics here

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You would post a lot less on this board would be my guess.

8. WM

WM Active Member

Hyams saying this is our schedule for 12.
    NC State
    Ga State
    Florida
    Akron
    @UGA
    Bye
    @Miss State
    Alabama
    @USCe
    Troy
    Mizzou
    @Vandy
    UK
    Don't know what is more depressing, the fact that this will end up delaying the inevitable for another year or how we could rake the SECE with a competent coaching staff.

9. cotton

That is a seriously disgusting OOC slate.

Again.

10. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Take the orange slacks out of the equation for a moment... the talent exists on the field to win some games. Coaches always say the team is as good as it's leaders, we got a bunch of rising juniors.... so lead already. Take hold of your team and win by force of will. Sprinkle some Al Wilson dust in the locker room.

Point is, they could win. And Tennessee could be Dooley's team for longer still.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think the Defense quit on the team this year, but the staff has to address a lot of issues on offense.

There is more than enough talent to win here next year. Coaching and player development is the cloud over the program now.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  12. cotton

Can't really do that. We've got a bunch of rising Juniors that just got their ass handed to them by a really, really awful Kentucky team with a bowl bid and historic streak on the line. We've got talented guys that just made a good argument for bringing the Mercy Rule to college football in Fayetteville. It is the job of the coaches to get the players to perform, and they aren't performing.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I hope Dooley doesn't ride Bray/Hunter/Rogers to another 2 years.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

4 gimmes. Dare I say, naw I don't want to jinx us....aw, [uck fay] it.......2012 Liberty Bowl champs!?

15. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Thirded.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Don't forget Jacobs, (possibly) Autry, and (possibly) Patterson from JUCO. These guys will be starting day one if they come to Knoxville. Like you said, the talent is there and I can't recall an easier schedule. If Dooley cannot be successful with both of factors in place he's done.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dooley will have to reinvent is persona with the team for the squishy bright future that is being discussed to occur.

18. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

These are largely kids who don't know much about losing big time. Wins change attitudes. Those weren't pissed off players lifting ole orange slacks in the air after vandy...

all i really want to point out is that Dooley is getting another year, and there is an alternate scenario to failure.

19. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Also IP... the 'we just ain't that good' talk is damn well over. He's gotta know it's now or never. Talk next year will be sunshine and daisies.

Win or go home. One season for all the orange marbles. I'm actually okay with that.

20. cotton

How will you be if he goes 8-4/4-4/t-3rd East?