2012 Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 29, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is if Missouri is officially in the SEC.

9-1 NCState (Atlanta)
    9-8 Ga St
    9-15 Fla
    9-22 Akron
    9-29 at Ga
    open
    10-13 at Miss St
    10-20 Ala
    10-27 at SC
    11-3 Troy
    11-10 Mizzou
    11-17 at Vandy
    11-24 Kentucky

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

7-5 or 6-6. Whoopee.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Is this for sure or are you guessing? God that would be much easier. Dooley would have every chance to keep his job.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You don't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you deserve.

At least, I think I heard somebody say that one time.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We'll either start off 3-2 and Dooley is awesome or 2-3 and Dooley needs more time to get to NC State's level.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Based off the talent we have returning (including Hunter for now) and the JUCO guys coming in this year (hopefully) I only see one guaranteed loss there with Alabama.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Bunch of ?s

8. cotton

I'm not sure what a "guaranteed loss" is, but I see 5 teams that beat us this year and one that took us to OT, and all of them except Bama might be better next year than when we played them this season.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Georgia and South Carolina will destroy us.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

A competent coaching staff could beat both those teams next year. Unfortunate that we almost certainly won't have one.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And the only reason Bama can't be better is because they've kind of hit the ceiling of how good a college team can be

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Guaranteed loss as in we're not beating them anyway you look at it. We'll be better next year too regardless of how you feel about our coaches. We have good players that will have another season under their belts and everything that goes along with that. Take the Dooley hating glasses off for a moment and take into consideration that we were an extremely young team with injury problems that had one hell of a schedule. I'm not trying to bail out Dooley because he certainly has plenty of faults but let's not forget those important facts.

As for UGA and SC - UGA will certainly be a challenge no doubt but I'm not that worried about SC.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Remember the days when you used to look at the schedule and pencil in wins? Now I just see losses and have to negotiate how we will fare in the other games.

14. cotton

How did that work out this year?

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We got worse with every game. Unless those JUCO guys turn out to be a hell, and I mean a hell of a lot better than the three guys we got last year (all of whom were just as highly rated) they aren't making that big of a difference.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Connor Shaw has gotten better every game, South Carolina will be getting some players back from injury, it's in Columbia, it's late in the season when we'll be beat up and tired, and Dooley isn't 2% of the coach Spurrier is.

17. cotton

That's the problem I see, and it is the problem I think some of the more hopeful posters are missing. We had a young team with some key injuries and a tough schedule, true. But the good teams we played utterly destroyed us. We just finished at 1-7, dead last in our division. We are much, much worse than some are willing to credit. We could improve a lot and still suck.

That isn't Dooley hate; it is fact.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There is one period of improvement in the Dooley era. It happened the moment Tyler Bray became the starter. Instantly got better, but after that it's been a downward slope. Honestly, think about it.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Welp, so much for 2012. 5-7 sound good to anyone? I figure keep the expectations low, and be happy when we surpass them. The other way doesn't work so well. But, we have the possibility of being 2-4 going into the Alabama game, especially if the same team that played this year plays next year. We need a lot of growth over the off season. A lot.

20. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I feel like a competent coaching staff could win 10-11 games with that schedule.