Hart Spoke

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Jewbaccah, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

he squashed thoughts of a new HC. I believe it is on to hopes of a new CO-OC. I believe it has also been leaked Hinshaw is moving to RBs. Cheney will coach QBs. OL will be a new coach. I am broken but will recover if Wilcox stays and we get a new play caller.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What makes us think Hinshaw can coach RBs at this level?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's coached RBs before

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If Hinshaw takes the RBs, who or what are we hiring? OL?

5. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Some say no one is being fired. Some say just HH. I think recruiting is the main concern right now. We need to seal it up until signing day. I would suspect unless a solid hire is landed that can start right away not much will happen until after signing day. I then expect some position coach changes. If one leaves now they are liking leaving us not being fired...

6. Beechervol

Posted on TOOS from TOS supposedly.

I don't buy the comments. I don't think this has been confirmed. Sounds like BS to me. Especially the 3 year line.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ok. Time to fire Hart. [ddiapos] for AD? We just re-negotiate his contract so that instead of firing him as HC and owing him money, we divert that into his salary as AD...

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If he really said Dooley definitely has three more years, I hope he's prepared to fund the athletic department himself.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

See you guys in three years.

10. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

That is recruiting talk guys...He can still be fired right after signing day. We really really need the class coming in...

11. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Hard to believe the power boosters are in support of this sinking ship. I don't buy it.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If this is the case, I am ashamed. It is unfair to a kid to recruit to your style, your personality, and make promises that you reasonably expect to keep, only to then be fired or quit. I get that this is common place in athletics, but so too is corruption in government. That which is common should not be the norm, and thus acceptable to the masses.

I also get that kids should want to come play for Tennessee, to be Vols, to take part in the tradition, and the history, and the co-eds, but kids also come to play for coaches they've met, they respect, they get, or that they've been promised things. They come to play for coaches that they like, and that they think can help them get meet their goals. Because if we promise them X,Y,Z and then give them A,B,C, they become apathetic. To continue with pointless analogies, you don't show the nicest apartment in the complex only to rent out the rat's nest. It is unethical.

If we are just going to shit can after the recruiting class, because we are afraid of losing a class and losing a few years on rebuilding as a result, then we suck as people. Because, we are basically just selling a product that does not exist. And that is bullshit. But, that is just me. Win at all costs, I suppose. [uck fay] class. End rant.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

There is no chance Dooley is given 3 more years (assuming he doesn't earn them). None whatsoever.

14. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I agree that this has to be recruiting talk/protection against lame duck status. There's no way a loss to Kentucky gets a guaranteed 3 years.

15. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Float to defend Dooley on that he does sell playing for UT. I do not hate Dooley personally. He is just clearly not qualified to be a HC at this level. He is a glorified office manager and recruiter.

16. Beechervol

I don't think the comments I posted have been confirmed past TOS. TIFWIW

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hamilton gave a public statement supporting both Pearl and Fulmer not long before they were ousted. Not saying that is happening, just saying that this is the AD equivalent of coachspeak.

18. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

They are from Hart's twitter...

19. Beechervol

Is this year 2 of 3?

20. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

At least that is what they said on the site I read this on...