My Thoughts On Dooley Summarized In Lyrical Form.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Nov 29, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Listening to some tunes while watching Arizona-New Mexico State, I heard something that hit me as perfectly defining [ddiapos] in my eyes. From the Hall and Oates classic "Rich Girl," "High and dry, out of the rain. It's so easy to hurt others when you can't feel pain." He's a sheltered child of privilege who has never had to fight or work for anything in his life. That's why he spends all of his time dumping on players instead of taking responsibility himself. He thinks he's above it all. He may actually be a worse guy than Bruce Pearl.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I know you like to dump on Bruce, but come on, Bruce at least knew how to win a boatload of basketball games. Comparing those two on any kind of "coaching" dimension would be cruel to both.

Also, Hall and Oates rock the house, if one's house could get rocked with smooth, sultry, mustachioed, jheri-curled, rhythms.

3. WM

WM Active Member

Maneater is a horrible song.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm always amazed that the same guys who gave us "She's Gone," "Sara Smile," and "Rich Girl" also produced abominations like "Maneater," "You Make my Dreams Come True," and "Family Man."

5. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Do not get him started on Bruce..he is fairly rational other then that topic...close the door and walk away from this thread..

6. WM

WM Active Member

It was the 80's. A really bright shirt and a bag of cocaine and everything sounded good.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Don't forget parachute pants...
    I loved the '80s. They were my formative years.