The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If you aren't saying anything about his teammates than why do his final numbers matter if he's losing the games?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I guess you missed game 6 of the 1980 finals and him being named finals MVP as a rookie on his way to winning the championship without Kareem. If that's your definition of a choke artist, I don't understand your support of LeBron.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't like LeBron in any way, shape or form, but I'd take him in a draft over Jordan at this point. Guy just does too much stuff better than Jordan can. He'll never shoot like Jordan and might never match the intensity, but he's bigger and stronger with better athletic ability and can play more positions on the floor. Much, much better passer and rebounder and it isn't close.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty much my take.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Didn't miss that. Also didn't miss the airball he shot to seal his team's fate against the 40-42 Rockets. Kareem missed one game in that series. Not as if they played and won four without him.

6. hatvol96

His numbers say he isn't the problem. Manning's statistics in his team's washouts indicate he's a significant factor.

7. hatvol96

Magic never played a season without at least one future Hall of Famer on his side. Once he didn't have multiple HOF teammates, he didn't win jack shit.

8. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Think Jordan's intangibles give him an edge for now. I think LeBron is too nice if that can even be a flaw. I reserve the right to change my mind by the end of LeBron's career.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wade is a future hall of famer.

10. hatvol96

Whose best days are long since past. There's an argument to be made that Lebron's best teammate ever is Anderson Verajo. Let that sink in for a while.

11. hatvol96

That's one and LeBron won multiple titles. Not sure how you think that boosts your cause.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If there's an arguement to be made, then by all means go for it.

13. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Would you really say he was better than Wade the first two years LeBron was in Miami?

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Would love to hear the reasoning behind this

15. hatvol96

Verajo was usually healthy and in his prime with LeBron. He rebounded and defended at an elite level. Wade has done little but miss a bunch of games and be in the way on offense since LeBron arrived. The Heat would be far better with a guy blocking shots and getting 10-12 rebounds a night than with an aging former star who still demands shots. If the Bulls offered Riley Taj Gibson for Wade tomorrow, Dwane would be headed back to his hometown.

16. hatvol96

Wasn't hard to do at all. It's not as if it was 2006 Finals Wade LeBron has been teamed with in Miami.

17. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Today maybe but this wouldn't be true 3 years ago.

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If you're arguing Magic wasn't adding more value (i.e. wins) to those Lakers teams, then I'll have to humbly disagree. Maybe Kareem in the first year or two, but then I don't even know if I really believe that.

Anyway: Lakers last two season with Magic:
    63-18
    58-24

Two years post-HIV:
    43-39
    39-43

And Magic was 3 years past his prime when he retired. I don't know how Magic doesn't get the lion's share of credit for the success of the showtime lakers. Tough argument to make.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The Wade of today is shell of 2005-2005 Wade. Or less than a shell. A poor man's shell. A homeless man's shell. A dollar store facade. An anatomically incorrect blow-up doll.

20. hatvol96

What difference does it make that the Orlando Woolridge/Vlade Divac Lakers weren't any good? Everyone but Worthy was gone and he's roughly the same age as Magic.