2014 Schedule: Random Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Tenacious D, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

08/31/14 vs. Utah State
    09/06/14 vs. Arkansas State
    09/13/14 AT Oklahoma
    09/20/14 BYE
    09/27/14 AT Georgia
    10/04/14 vs. Florida
    10/11/14 vs. Chattanooga
    10/18/14 AT Ole Miss
    10/25/14 vs. Alabama
    11/01/14 AT South Carolina
    11/08/14 BYE
    11/15/14 vs. Kentucky
    11/22/14 vs. Missouri
    11/29/14 AT Vanderbilt

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

7-5

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

7-5 with a surprise win against Ole Miss possible for 8 wins.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Dude we're running the table

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I would be a very very very happy man living in Orlando if your prediction holds true on 10/04/14

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

#GBO #ButchGetsIt #Murica

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Definite WINS (>95%) - 3
    Utah State
    Arkansas State
    Chattanooga

Definite LOSSES (<5%) - 2
    @ Oklahoma
    Alabama

Likely LOSS (<50%) - 2
    @ Georgia
    @ South Carolina

Likely WIN (>50%) - 2
    Kentucky
    @ Vanderbilt

Toss up (50/50) - 3
    Florida
    @Ole Miss
    Missouri

Overall Record (Regular Season): 7-5
    I think that the games break along these lines, meaning, I think they'll be 5-4 for non-toss up games, and that they'll win 2 of those (toss ups), finishing 7-5.

Best Chance to Steal a WIN: @ South Carolina
    Despite the revenge factor, I just don't think that USCe is as good as GA (even considering what they've lost), and is our best chance to steal a win. I also think that GA plays completely differently in Athens, and will look to show that last year's nail-biter in Knoxville was a fluke.

Best Chance to Get Upset: @ Vanderbilt
    It's hard to call it an upset, when they've won 2 in a row, but they'll look to hold what they've earned the last two seasons, and may be tougher than most expect, despite Franklin's departure.

You're Out of Your Mind We Can Win: @ Oklahoma
    That some have conveniently forgotten our still-glaring and comparative lack of high-caliber athletes, big-game experience and quality depth at almost every position, is somewhat understandable and not entirely unexpected (in the summer heat-induced fog of hope springing eternal, I suppose), but is no less a work of pure delusion. Simply, we are the very antithesis of what OU is right now, and no influx of talent from a single recruiting class - however highly regarded - is going to overcome the many, important and chasmic gaps which lie between these two programs. Damned sure not in Norman, on national television. Stoops is going to continue to seek ways to backup his statements about the SEC 's faux-dominance, and Tennessee (particularly this young o-line, on the road - remember I told to so, here) is going to be on the bad end of his doing so. I don't see a blow-out, per se, but can easily imagine a very (VERY!) comfortable win for the Sooners. Say, somewhere around a 24+ point win. I'd LOVE to be wrong, but can't imagine that I will be.