2015 remaining prospects

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Apr 24, 2014.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'm not, but still hoping.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Everything's easy once you figure out how to do it.

I fully support any and all NCAA-based rulebreaking. Give them cash under the table. Doctor the grades. I do not care. Just be smart about it.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Everyone in his camp says he will be good to go. We always have problems with questionable JUCO guys getting in so this could go either way. I will say that it seems the staff is not working as hard to get Weatherd in as they did with Bryant.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Auburn has not been smart about it ever and I don't see them on probation...

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The administration at Tennessee is a lot harder to work around than in Fulmer's heyday

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is the sad part. Its our own people holding us up, not the stupid ass NCAA.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

It seems like we are still recruiting Gibson, just not as hard. One of the pay sites said he would likely end up elsewhere.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If its not us he will be in Arizona.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He released his blog this morning and still has us as his #1 school. We wills see. He would be pretty lethal in a Rich Rod offense.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Pat White round two.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is what happens when you're a Nike school.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee can take either 23 or 24 this class

There's 19 commitments now. I expect Lovingood the LS to be walkon, so make it 18 commits.

5 or 6 spots remain

Likely gets: DT McKenzie, WR Jefferson, DE Phillips, OL Richmond, QB/ATH Gibson

Good Possibilities: DE De'Andre Walker, DE/LB DeBarry, CB Martin, CB Ordway, DT DJ Jones

Long shots: DE Sweat, DT Tuttle, RB Love, DB McGraw

This is my uninformed opinion. There's a chance this class gets shaken up a lot by NSD.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought at one point not too long ago we were the favorites to get DJ Jones.

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Need to drop some of the reaches.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I just forgot him.

17. powert2523

powert2523 New Member

Were in the top two for Tuttle and Love. I doubt this class looks anything like it does now on signing day.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope UNC burns due to academic scandals

19. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

If Tennessee wins at least 7 games, you're right. We will get players not even committed to us. if the team pulls out 8+ wins, watch out! Butch may be literally forced to walk some players off the campus to make room for 4* and 5* player positions. I'm not just wiggling my keyboard fingers on this. We're still an attractive brand but haven't had anything to remind top tier recruits why they should come here. If we start the turnaround this season, the Volbeast of the east will be back roaming the SEC hills and woodlands, swamps and thickets, climbing over fences and invading hallways of current SEC hill climbers.

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't even think it's dependent on 7 wins. We've got guys committed right now that aren't on par ability-wise with what we brought in last year and the momentum is better at this point than where it was last summer.