Kahlil McKenzie / FeelsLike98 Interview

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Hoss Diesel, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Hoss Diesel

Hoss Diesel New Member

FL98, fresh off of getting their website hacked, posted a podcast/phone interview with Kahlil McKenzie.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/robert-lewis-md/2014/07/15/feels-like-we-back--with-kahlil-mckenzie

Summary

1) He won't be an EE.
    2) KM "pled the 5th" as to whether or not there is a group text message containing elite prospects. Basically saying yes there is.
    3) His cousin attends UT.
    4) His visit over Easter break was his first time actually on campus.
    5) He's very firm in his commitment.
    6) His grandfather has never seen him play due to fear of flying. He will finally be able to watch him play at UT.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think making a big deal out of it might make it worse. We have entered an age where such a thing is possible. Anyone can "blog" or play journalist. I think a site like this one, who is actually perceived similarly by those outside of it, would only aggravate things by trying to "White Knight" for the fan base. The truth is we have one of the craziest, unpredictable, and neurotic fan bases in the country. I think recruits recognize that before they ever get on campus already.

I don't encourage amateur journalism (think sab, for example). I really hope FL98 realizes they are dabbling in home surgery.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  3. Hoss Diesel

Hoss Diesel New Member

4. Hoss Diesel

Hoss Diesel New Member

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. No need to censor yourself. It isn't a secret that many here think them low as a snake in a wagon rut. There has existed an armistice of some sort for years now and it has been fine. Doesn't mean they aren't scummy for their actions concerning a certain suicide.

Believe me, we have said far worse on that than anything you have to say about this.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

And this is just my take. Maybe others will feel it appropriate to notify the UTAD of this matter, seeing how it could potentially be perceived as a recruiting violation. Maybe they could be sent the same sort of letter that was sent to Sab from UT. I don't know. Maybe they just need to get press credentials if they are going to continue this.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hate that I gave you the impression you needed to alter what you said, Hoss. Your opinion is welcome, valid, and in no need of filtering here.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Can someone fill me in on the FL98 beef?

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

IP's non-politics sabbatical is in full force. He'll be arguing about bricks and mortar before it's all over with.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

There is a suicide involved in all of this?

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That made me guffaw for some reason.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There are several loopholes where it isn't a recruiting violation. If anyone contacts the UTAD, it would be Hubbs. They're going after his golden goose.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What was edited?

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Meh, I don't give a flip. Dude's aren't doing anything against the rules as far as I know.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. The link to the FL98 podcast is perfectly fine. We neither own the interwebz, nor pretend to.

2. Speaking both personally and as an Admin, I don't have any beef with FL98, or with any of its Admins, Mods or Members. In fact, only FL98 offered to help with any new charitable efforts we might make (ie tickets for kids, etc.), when we reached out to them on the tickets for the NIT a couple of years ago. We've not yet accepted their offer, but I felt like it was sincerely given.

3. We have members who do not like or prefer FL98, some quite strongly, but such is not unique to them, and is the same for VN, VQ, 24/7, etc. I'm certain that they each have members who do not like or prefer the 8th.

4. Our members know that they can speak for themselves in regards to FL98, or anything else (absent the most egregious things like racist comments, etc.) and without fear of reprisal or censure, if they so choose to do so. Again, this is not unique to them and their site, alone.

5. From a site-level perspective, our dealings with FL98 have been nothing but amicable.

That's just my $.02

16. FlowingAway.

FlowingAway. Banned

Stumbling on this thread after edits have been made makes it more intriguing than it probably was.

17. Tenacious D

I have no idea what Hoss edited, or why.

He certainly wasn't asked to, and apologies if he was made to feel as if he should.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He revealed the magic numbers as were revealed to him by Robert E Lee.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I heard that he revealed who really killed JFK.

20. Tenacious D

Oliver Stone breathed a huge sigh of relief at his editing it out.