Bama Fan Sucker Punches Mettenberger

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Vol2424, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/7/21/5923759/zach-mettenberger-sucker-punch-roll-tide-Alabama

Former LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger was reportedly sucker punched by an Alabama fan at bar in Nashville named Loser's, and it started exactly how you think it did: with a "Roll Tide." You can't make this stuff up.

Jim Wyatt of The Tennesseean provides us with the details, explaining that the Titans' sixth round pick did nothing to provoke the punch and that no medical attention was required.

Wyatt got the inside scoop from Steve Ford, the owner of Loser's Most Wanted Bar and Grill.

"Here's the truth: The guy said something about 'Roll Tide!' to Zach, and Zach turned around and said 'Good luck with that,'" Ford said on Monday. "And the guy's buddy then sucker-punched Zach."

Ford maintained that Mettenberger didn't do anything to retaliate. Not that he could have, since the attacker reportedly ran for the door right after the Titans quarterback went down.

The door guys caught the puncher, but Ford said neither the bar or Mettenberger plan to press charges. Ford said the guy was trying to provoke Mettenberger and praised the former LSU star for his restraint.

SB Nation got an exclusive scouting report on Loser's from reporter and Nashville resident Steven Godfrey. "Post-grad midtown shit show in a cluster of bars SEC grads basically live in. One of those places you don't hit till after 12 a.m.," he said.

Alabama has beaten LSU three straight times -- including the 2012 national championship -- since the Tigers knocked off the Tide during the 2012 regulars season.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Bammer's gonna Bammer

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Guy's probably been a Bama fan less time than Mettenberger has been out of high school.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

[video]https://vine.co/v/Mw73070JX5z[/video]

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Theres a plenty of them around this area.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Titans QBs have a shitty history at Losers.

7. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Ha, good for him for showing restraint. Not surprised this happened at losers

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Nice summation here.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hate anything to do with Alabama.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

****ing animal. They should have pressed charges.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Bama will claim another title from this pond scum.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I hate you too :)

13. JayVols

I have great sympathy for my Vol brethern stuck there. You all are truly pilgrims in an unholy land.

14. NorrisAlan

Are they up to 37 now?

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Especially considering all of his prior legal problems resulting from trips to bars.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hey, this wasn't a girl saying stop.

18. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

The chickenshit ran after he did it... ****in bamers

19. JayVols

Roll Tide?

20. NorrisAlan

All I can imagine is seeing him hightailing it out of the bar screaming "Roll Tide! Roll Tide! Roll Tide!" in a Chris Tucker squeely voice.