Boo Boo 0n Bo?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KenTenn, Jul 21, 2014.

1. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

3. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

I don't think so although I seem to have a vague memory of some late night TV show with a high school game or highlights thereof in which his name was mentioned. But if I don't trust my memory, you can't either so I have to say I don't think I saw him play. A look around has people claiming he wasn't all that good. Hope they are right, at least when we play him.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't think there's any doubt he'd be head and shoulders over the other guys we've got right now at this point in time

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He didn't look like an SEC QB in high school. I doubt Chaney and Dooley would have gotten him any better. He's in a good place

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It would be good to have him right now, more mobile than Worley with a better arm, he's nothing special beyond that.

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I remember back when a lot of us were still on VN, there was a guy Wallace's senior year that was was posting at least 2-3 post a day about TN needing to recruit him. Dude had a weird name and avatar...literally got blasted on a daily basis, especially when the kid opted for ASU and then Juco...

Believe that would have been the year they got Bray... Maybe Wallace would have taken a walk-on spot...but I think the kid out on a fair amount of weight over the year at ASU and Juco bc I seem to remember him being undersized out of HS

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

People forget that Bryce Petty and Tajh Boyd ended up with two of the better offensive minds in the nation when discussing what could have been. We ended up with a really good QB and accomplished jack shit with him. And the seemingly awful QB that preceded him, Simms, is still hanging around the NFL.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Exactly. What QB hasn't put up Heisman numbers under Briles? What QB looks bad playing under Chad Morris?

Tennessee had a prototype NFL pocket passer and didn't attempt to coach him.

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

This........................having the team run like a damn circus pretty much drove any hopes of success Bray would have straight into the ground.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A coach that the team respected would have given Tennessee a legitimate shot at winning the east.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Which is so, so depressing.