Scathing Basilio Blog on UT, Tyler Bray, and Da'Rick Rogers

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 30, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Really paints a bad picture of Rogers and Bray. The question is... how can we even hope to exist without those two? We won't be even competitive with Vandy next year without their contributions.

The Tony Basilio Show

Also, not sure I buy some of this stuff... All the quotes post Vandy were about how much energy Bray brings to the team, boosted everybody, etc. That was stuff from players. They didn't have to say that. And from what I understand about the end of the Vandy game, Bray got two plays mixed up called "sucker" and "soccer". The play he heard didn't seem like a good idea so he told Poole to check down and look for the pass. Also, Dooley publicly described Bray's dedication as, I believe "extraordinary" was the word.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Every underclassman on that offense loves Bray. That is a fact.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Da'Rick is probably tired of carrying the passing game by himself. Who wouldn't be pissed when Zach Rogers is the WR playing opposite of you?

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You dare besmirch the awesomeness incarnate that is ZR? Blasphemy...

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Well, that wasn't uplifting at all.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Completely understandable. The only thing he's failing to see is the big picture and that's probably more to do with his maturity than anything else. If I'm not mistaken he currently leads the SEC in receiving yards.

7. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

that was tough to read.

8. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

"another source told me..."

9. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Basilio....it took the quiet of last off season to learn he makes more money when the soap opera is on.

10. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Basilio seems to try to stir the pot ala Finebaum to help gain attention to his show. Nothing more than a wannabe Finebaum.

11. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Does the Air Guard in Knoxville keep refueling that plane of Lovie's.....Been up there for quite some time......Someone at Century 21 said that Gruden was buying land out in Sevierville....LOL

12. BeachVol

BeachVol New Member

Basilio's pictures are usually done in crayon, so its hard to take them seriously.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most of us would be Basilio if our livings were dependent off of UT information. Being a part of this forum's founders has made me realize that.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would gladly sacrifice my left testicle to get Dooley's ass outta here and bring in Gruden. I would consider it an honor to do so. Those 'True Fan' sunshine pumpers on toos can suck on my remaining testicle. My sacrifice would be the definition of 'true fan', biatches...

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

If sacrificing body parts would lead to positive things for UT, I would have been a head in a Futurama jar a long time ago, with only Spring and Summer regrets.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That was funny and so true. If there's not sufficient controversy to fill a dull 4 hr show he's going to create it all by himself.

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It's got to be tough to run a show about UT sports with no reliable UT sports inside contacts and after last weeks little muck raking job his UT contacts probably just got more scarce. But hey, he's got an angry ex Vol QB contributing so he's got that going for him.

18. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Why is it that the angry ex-Vols want to trash their own team? Loyalty to the coach, bitterness over losing PT, or a career cut short by injury? You would think that the logical choice would be to support your university, but I guess that doesn't exactly pay the bills.....

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How is telling the truth about a lousy coaching staff that has put the program in complete disarray "trashing" the team?

20. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Criticism can be good, but at the same time, when you've not even completed the second season of a major rebuilding project, it will only futher impede the ability of getting quality players back into the program. I am not saying stay onboard the Titanic by any means, but we have been seeing some improvements along with some major regressions as well. People tend to forget that between what Kiffin ran off of Fulmer's last class and the small numbers of Kiffin's class that still remain at UT, has depleted the talent to a level of SMU post death penalty. I am not defending any of the coaching, but I am saying that we just don't have the depth that we need to be at the present time.