If you have a daughter(s)...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Jul 23, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Wow.

3. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Heartbreaker

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

My b-i-l did the same thing. He passed about 3 months after his daughters wedding.

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I just can't imagine not being able to see my little girl go through that next stage of her life with her own husband and children. I got a little misty eyed. You guys may have seen this already ... my wife showed it to me and I really like it.

[video=youtube;HSfhgGGt_PU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HSfhgGGt_PU[/video]

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That's good stuff.

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Why was there no dude? That girl's cute, and lives in Kingsport. What's going on here?

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Thought the same but was waiting on you to bring it up.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm the bad guy, I guess.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

According to the comments she's 19.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

In that part of the country, that isn't a reason. Folks I went to high school were getting married any age from 18-24.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I freely admit I find the thing kind of strange and self indulgent. I don't have a daughter though.

13. wildnkrazykat

I understand my shelf-life is about to expire, but I truly pity the people at home who get married at that age.

14. JayVols

Marriages that young aren't as common anymore, even "in this part of the country".

I can fully understand. I would do it for mine at their age, but I get it for this young lady's age.

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Hell, it seems like only a few years ago that girls around here were almost always married by age 18-19. Usually one of the first things that happened after graduation from high school. Back in the first half of the 1900's it was not uncommon for a girl to be married around 15-16.

16. wildnkrazykat

We have plenty living the married life without the vows in order to continue to receive full government assistance.

17. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Lots of that going on here too.

18. JayVols

*sigh*

19. wildnkrazykat

You can sigh away. I live here, I know what happens. It might be different where you're from.

20. MWR

MWR Contributor

Your tax dollars at work, yet again.

Here's the essentials of the process. They party down, get pregnant and get a check and all kinds of other various government handouts, including insurance.

Then the government assistance goes to pay for alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and a car.

While the baby usually ends up being raised by the grandparents, it the baby is that fortunate.

Like the Bible lets us know, kids need two parents.