Quinshad Davis 2012 WR

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Dec 3, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Apparently Tenn offered this week.

I have seen this kid play twice the last two years and he is the real deal. Looks like Bret Smith stature-wise and catches everything thrown his way. Long, finds the endzone. His high school (Gaffney) gave the world UT legend Dominque Stephenson. I don't like UT's chances but if this guy committed it would be a heckuva get.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Who is he leaning towards, Clemson or SCAR?

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Some folks think Wake Forest, but if he wants to go SEC I like our chances. SC has this guy Shaq Roland who people think the world of. I think they will upset the apple cart by trying to snag both of them, and it is possible there is no room at the inn now. Dabo --even though he's a loon -- closes strong every year and has had success getting players from Gaffney . I'll ask someone that knows and get back to you.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Okay. Pulled this directly from ESPN's blog. Just found it.

"Shockingly, Davis lacks the major scholarship offers. Local teams, South Carolina and Clemson offered him early in the process but when he didn’t make a decision, the Tigers and Gamecocks moved on and committed other receivers. Aside from the Vols, Wake Forest is one team that continues to recruit him very, very hard. In fact, they came by Gaffney Tuesday. Another possibility is Georgia, but the Dawgs have not offered to date either."

I like our chances even more now. Play every year against a team that said no thanks after all? Yes please.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He had 184 yards and a TD in a state championship loss to Byrnes. Reel this kid in.

Quick note: Gaffney High School also gave the world another fly under the radar receiver named.... Sidney Rice.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Offering him this late has to mean something went wrong with Patterson doesn't it?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes. Fortunately, this guy doesn't sound terrible.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Maybe. That would be a big blow for the staff as Hinshaw has recruited him harder than anyone in the country.

It may be a situation where you look around and realize the SC Gatorade POY (Davis) is looking like he might end up at Wake Forest, so you throw an offer his way hoping he's actually a stud after all.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hopefully that's it

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not according to TOOS.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Could this have something to do with the rumors of Arnett transferring?

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Maybe. We are in on 2 more WR other than those currently committed. Patterson and Howard

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Visiting Jan. 20th per Scout. I can't believe Clemson or USC can't find room for him. Would be a good, late, find imo.

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

This could of gone in many threads Looks like Croom and Peterman are good gets. Davis is a better get then Patterson.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Only because he's would be here for 4-5 years instead of 2-3. Patterson is a beast and will be the number 1 WR wherever he goes. I hope it's here.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He would not be #1 here.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We probably won't know for sure since he's probably going to end up at UGA.

18. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

He was impressed with Peterman today they connected for a TD. I am not so sure we lose this kid. But ya never know that is why signing day is the real christmas...

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Under Armor or AAA?

20. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member