Gingrich and Child labor laws

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Dec 1, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Newt: Poor Children Have "No Habits of Working" - Fox News

Oh, Newt. I can see what he is saying, and what his intellectual points are. But who let him talk on this issue? It is too toxic and frivolous to mess with. Also, it supports the perception of rigid class boundaries in our modern society.

I see what he is saying, and I do agree with it. But he isn't presenting the argument very well. The idea should be, "no one should be barred from working." "Let kids work for a couple of hours a day as early as they want to if they can find employment. It's good for them personally and it is good for their family." But don't present it as "let the poor kids be school janitors" because that looks really, really bad.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

My avatar for being wrong on the recruiting forum is slowly morphing me into a Republican, isn't it?

3. After reading your post on W's humanitarian efforts, I have a question.

Who are you, and what have you done with IP's body?

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Fight it, IP. If you go to the Dark Side, I will be left to fend for myself....all by my lonesome...in an overwhelming sea of ultra-conservatism....:(

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

palpatine.jpg

I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time you will call me master.

6. JayVols

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't really that I am becoming Republican. It is that I am principled in ways that do not conform to one party's positions. The same principles that will get me praise in one light, gets SOJ's forehead vein throbbing in another.

8. JayVols

I don't know if I'm doing this correctly or not but here goes....

[​IMG]

edit: I'm an old fart trying to figure this computer shit out. Give me some props for effort....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fixed. you want to right-click on the gif, click "copy image url", and then paste that between (img)(/img), but with brackets ][ instead of parentheses.

10. When you sound like Newt Gingrich, it isn't the vein in my forehead that throbs.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does that mean you could not openly serve until recently, SOJ?

12. JayVols

Solid...no pun intended.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Thread got weird, real fast.

14. JayVols

What do you expect? It's me, QP, IP, & SOJ. Bound to get screwed up at some point.

15. Nah! I like my [ussy pay] in a box, not on a stick.

If you ever get to Tennessee, stop by. I'll let you play with my ex-wife collection. :D

16. JayVols

I'm a box man myself. Each to his own I guess.
    Ever see the Saturday Night Live skit with Justin Timberlake where he sang a song called '[penis] in a Box'? A literal box. Reminded me of that.

I live in NETN and have only 1 wife. 1 is hard enough. I can't imagine having to put up with double, triple, or quadruple the [itch bay]ing.

[video=youtube;KgtygjZVW7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgtygjZVW7k[/video]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm pretty confused by this.

18. Box = [ussy pay] (that is a slang term that is older than anyone on this forum)

[ussy pay] on a stick = a [penis]

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you like your [ussy pay] in a [ussy pay], not your [penis]?

20. ATTENTION FAILDOZER! Please report to this thread. We have a massive failure.