VN deleted a thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

We were discussing how Dooley was not liked and is a blue blood relevant to what a former coach said...I posted an excellent plan of action for Hart and thread was erased...

What is this shit?

This is why you created this site I am guessing?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  2. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

another reason is that Freak and the other mods are getting sick and tired of 50 new threads every five minutes talking about how much Dooley and his mother suck donkey nuts

you probably shouldn't take it seriously or personally

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You do realize if we used their rules, your post would be deleted and you'd be subject to banning, right?

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, taking it personally is their job.

5. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

It was not my thread a guy posted a conversation he had with another coach...I mean it is a message board and that was a legitimate conversation...they either believe it will hurt recruiting to discuss the truth or what was said is too close to the truth...

There are plenty of more delete worthy threads on VN as well...

6. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

ok, what is your plan of action for Hart?

7. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I simply said which I believe was the last post in the thread...that Hart is aware this is a big recruiting period..it seems logical to let Dooley make his visits and get some recruiting done...I cannot imagine he had a HC lined up...Hart can sit back and find his guy over the next couple weeks or months...I also mentioned that the buy out is not an issue nor is it tying us to Dooley for the next couple years...I said Hart would likely need to meet with Wilcox as well to see if he would leave if a change was made or stay...It lets me know if I should get a DC type or OC type...

I felt that doing this before spring ball begins would be a major lift in energy to the program and would actually get the players pumped up if the name was big enough...no tears will be shed the day Dooley is fired...

It is not world changing info but there are threads on there discussing Dooley's hair that are not deleted...something about this thread bugged them...

8. Hoss Diesel

Hoss Diesel New Member

Down for the count after that one.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Maybe he waits around, surveys the coaching landscape, and sees how many commits and coaches hang around for the long haul. You don't keep Dooley now just to work him a little longer. Your only rationale for keeping him at this point is to make sure things don't spiral downward the next few weeks -- i.e., coaches, players, or recruits abandoning ship. But any AD worth anything has an action plan for those apocalyptic moments that befall a program.

10. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

well, if messaging were enabled over there, you could PM a mod and ask about the thread, but since messaging is still disabled, speculation can run rampant that it was your post that caused that thread to be deleted

11. Vol by Birth

Vol by Birth Member

I think it was the fact that the OP copied and pasted something verbatum. I dont know just guessing.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ah. Now I know why Vol by Birth. Ignore the PM.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Rexvol is laughing his ass off at this....

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

He copied it from his facebook...there is nothing wrong with that...he claimed an asst. coach at LSU said this about Dooley...

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Seems pretty unfair to recruits to replace Dooley after signing day.

Also, it seems idiotic to gauge Wilcox's opinion about whether not he would stay for a new coach and then go looking for one after. We need to stop the silly practice of telling head coaches who they're allowed to hire. You get the best possible coach, period, and let him decide what to do with Wilcox. It would be silly to make a hire based on a coach who has spent his entire career moving around. I also think he's overrated.

16. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I do not understand the it is unfair to recruits argument...They come here to play football in the SEC and be at UT...if we are hiring a big name they should have no complaints. They are not signing on to play with Dooley.

17. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

why do so many people have such a hard-on for Wilcox (pun not really intended)

as I recall, the defensive collapse in the second half of games was equaled only by the inept offense.

If UT cleans house, it should be everybody.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agree with all of this.

19. Vol by Birth

Vol by Birth Member

You mean to tell me that Rexvol is not really a guru?

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Nice. Yeah, it's purely a ceremonial title with no true power. Has nothing to do with personal accomplishments. He owes all the credit to Hubbs and his paid subscription.