Amnesty International wants Bush arrested while in Africa

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Dec 1, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Amnesty International Under Fire For Demanding Bush's Arrest During Trip To Africa | Fox News

I find this incredibly offensive. I didn't agree with those practices, but Bush wasn't some monarch. He was our democratically elected official. If they want to go after someone, come after the US and see what that gets them. Don't harass a man doing humanitarian work. No one on Planet Earth has done more for AIDS relief in Africa than W. Bush, and that is a fact. Whatever one may think of his policies and presidential actions, he is doing universally good acts of charity now and is a credit to our country.

Christ, why can't people keep things from being personal vendettas? I would (and likely will have to) say the same when Obama is out of office, assuming he ever does anything charitable abroad.

2. The United States can NEVER allow a former POTUS to be arrested or detained by a foreign nation, the UN, or any world court.

I detest Obama with a passion. However, were he ever to be detained, I would be screaming for war ships and bombers to be launched immediately. I would consider detainment of a sitting or former POTUS as a direct act of war.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Bush is gone people.
    Let. It. Go.
    Ultra-liberals and ultra-conservatives have great difficulty letting shit go. That can't be healthy carrying that much animosity around. I think the guy sucked too, but IT'S OVER.....

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Keep in mind, this is an international organization trying to get foreign powers to get involved. That's disturbing. It is an infringement in the sovereignity of our nation. Again, if they have a problem with something the US did, they should address it to the US government. Not a man who previous served it in some capacity. He is a private citizen now.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Oh, I agree with you. My rant was directed towards Amnesty and those here that want him prosecuted, not you. Sorry for the confusion.