NFL will roll out new player-tracking system

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Aug 1, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How quickly did the receiver accelerate? What was his top-end speed? How far did he run and how much separation did he really get against the defensive back?

Clearer answers than ever before are coming to your TV screen this fall — and it's only the beginning of the NFL's foray into player tracking and advanced statistics that could change the way fans, and even teams, look at what happens on the field.

Every NFL player will wear two tiny sensors in his shoulder pads this season in the first "live" phase of a project the league hopes will enhance the in-stadium experience as well, with further media expansion and integration with teams' existing training technology likely down the line.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-shoulder-pads-zebra-speed-tracking/13382443/

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

More useless graphics to clutter the screen

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

^^

Post this stuff after the game for the Fantasy Football Fanatics, but I don't want to see it on the screen. I don't want to spend 4 hours looking at this kind of stuff in the future:

[​IMG]

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How fast was Ray Rice's fist moving when he knocked that woman out?

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Gotta say I was thinking more along the lines of ankle-monitoring bracelets. I guess this could be cool too.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I don't give a damn how fast they're running. I want accelerometers on their uniforms so we can measure the g force of Earl Bennett laying a mother****er out on a crossing route.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I thought they were about to lojack their players too.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Patriots will somehow hack into it for cheating purposes.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't care who you are, that is funny right there.