Dammit.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Dec 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I like Cuonzo, but we do just enough to lose each game. The rebounding and poor hedges and rotations were the killer today.

2. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Look at the players.

Golden can't lose the ball in that situation.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

We knew the cupboard was bare. 7 games doesn't change that.

4. Unimane

The cupboard isn't that bare. We have some good players, but they haven't figured out how to win the tough games yet. Hopefully, that changes pretty soon.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sure, things may develop. But we knew we had nothing seasoned returning.

6. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Maymon couldn't beat out Pearl last year.

7. Unimane

Yeah, and that's not looking like the right call. I kind of doubt that Little Pearl could produce the way Maymon is this year. Plus, Maymon was a transfer last year.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's frustrating to be so close in these games and come up just short. I like what I see for the most part, but there's still just too many mistakes and these guys just can't afford to make many.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

FWIW, this time last year we were 7-0 and making travel plans to Houston for the Final Four.

Patience people.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not that worried. If we can get some more talent or develop what we have, we could be a solid team in a couple of years. It takes time to rebuild a burnt down house.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Won't we be worse next year? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not that aware of who we have coming in.

I was excited initially when I saw this time by seeing how hard we play. That will keep us competitive in probably every game save Kentucky times two. But I didn't like seeing that against Pittsburgh that we simply didn't have enough offensive firepower to make a run. There were a couple instances where we kept Pitt from scoring for a good few minutes, but we couldn't score ourselves and so we were unable to put away a game against a very beatable team.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

We'll probably be about the same next year.

13. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

If we can figure out how to win the close ones and all of the ones we should win, we should easily make the NCAA based on SOS.