The Abortion Ministry of Dr. Willie Parker

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Aug 5, 2014.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Lengthy article on an abortion doctor who identifies himself as a Christian. He's under the impression that his actions are similar to that of the good Samaritan.

http://www.esquire.com/features/abortion-ministry-of-dr-willie-parker-0914

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

horrifying.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Far from it.

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Christians love to tell other Christians how un Christian they are.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ending lives? Yes, horrifying.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who is ending lives?

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Chuck Norris.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Good question.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Seems like Willie Parker is

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Link?

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

When does life begin, in your opinion?

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Your stupid ass humor makes me laugh every time. Even on a thread like this.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't have a great answer, but I am fully confident that until there is significant brain development and function, it isn't a person.

If a fetus were a person, it would be clinically brain dead until about 25 weeks. So let's say I believe, to be on the safe side, life begins at roughly about 25 weeks, or if tools are available when electroencephalography (EEG) activity begins.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I just don't see how anyone can put a time frame on it. It is developing and growing, just leave it alone. It might not be a functioning person yet, but it soon will be. All the cells are there, they are just not specialized yet.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Another thing ended by Willie Parker is the Seattle Seahawks' Super Bowl aspirations in Super Bowl XL

[video=youtube;DcIcKdf2Exs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcIcKdf2Exs[/video]

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I prefer to think of it as sophisticated intelligent humor, but I'm glad you appreciate it.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

How are all the cells there? In what way?

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The foundation of all the cells, I should say

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe consciousness and by extension personhood/humanity is more than the sum of its parts. In the same way we couldn't arrange a collection of differentiated cells into a person in a petri dish, I do not believe the foundation being laid or the sequence of divisions possible to make a person means the same thing as an actual person. Otherwise, why would we need the words "make," or "foundation?" A house is a house, a foundation is not.

I've used this analogy before, but eating a walnut or an almond is not considered the same as eating a tree. Eating a pecan pie is not seen as clearing a forest. I see no difference when looking at human tissue that is not yet thinking or emoting.