#1 Receiver in 2011

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Aug 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Who's going to be Bray's go-to guy this season? Justin Hunter, Da'Rick, Zach Rogers or maybe one of the new guys like Vincent Dallas or Deanthony Arnett? Sounds like Dallas is really impressing.

2. I think Da'Rick will have the most receptions. Hunter the most TDs and highest YPC.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

D. Rogers looks to be the Man early, as far as consistency.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think D. Rogers will be the YAC guy and Hunter will be the big play guy. somebody else will have to step up to take the heat off those two.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Da'Rick Rogers

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Zach Rogers, Vincent Dallas or DeAnthony Arnett will emerge as the 3rd guy.

My money is on Arnett.

7. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

WTF happened to Milton? His stretch armstrong ass getting better? Fade route endzone jump ball comin?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I feel like if Teague had stayed at receiver he'd be primed for a big year.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Pesky little problem of being unable to catch it in a fish net.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Da'Rick will be the horse and I think Dallas will emerge at the slot. Just a shifty as the other two, but bigger.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wonder how many looks Neal will get in actual games. I wouldn't be surprised if they use him early (first two games) to give tSEC teams something to prepare for, then drop that facet completely. Seems like a ruse.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Neal took a wheel route to the house in the OW game and I think sometime last season, too. He's faster than most of our wideouts and probably tougher to bring down. He's got a good chance of burning a safety or trucking a CB. If Lane is as good as advertised I like the idea of finding a way to also get Neal out there.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i liked what Neal did when he got in the game.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I can roll with the Neal piece. I also think he's a better runner than Poole.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is Dallas really bigger than Da'Rick? Always thought he looked thick enough to be a RB.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If Da'Rick doesn't tear it up this year, I'll be surprised. He has the tools and Hunter should give him the cover.

I love the idea of using Neal in the slot. Hell, put him in motion and let the craziness begin. Versatility is never a bad thing.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

guys like Da'Rick are a hard call. If he does enough work to be remotely on the same page as Bray, he'll be a monster. Dude is jacked for a WR.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I really think he has put the work in over the summer.

He's supposedly still a little bit of a slacker but he's freak of nature.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Vandy I believe or that might have been Oku

20. Da'rick has been impressing at practices. He's even been telling the DBs the route he is running to make it tougher on him and he is still making guys look dumb.