2012 BCS NCG Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Oct 5, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I love the idea of Petrino [itch bay]ing about someone running up the score.

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Oky St certainly making a case. I would like to see them jump Bama.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

you were right.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If people want the system to work, it will be Okie State and LSU. If they want the two best teams it will be Bama and LSU. They better hope LSU wins, in that case.

5. Bammer had their shot. LSU had their worst game all season, and still beat Bammer in their own backyard.

Oklahoma St. should be in the title game.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I'd go OSU/LSU as well, and I bet LSU wants that, too. I doubt LSU could count on Alabama missing another five field goals to beat them like they did the first time.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I try to be reasonable and objective as a fan, but not in this case.

I want OK State to get the shot simply because I hate Alabama.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have already seen LSU vs Bama. Give me LSU vs Okie St.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm going to be furious if Bama gets a rematch. And only 80% of that is because I hate Bama.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Get ready to be furious.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think OSU jumps Alabama and plays for the national championship. I'll go one step further and say they win it.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don't see how. LSU should dominate them at the line of scrimmage.

13. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I'd pull like hell for Oklahoma State, but I don't see them getting anything going against LSU. I feel like their offense is better than Arkansas, but not substantially enough to be able to beat LSU. Not to mention LSU's inept offense would probably even be able to put up some points on that Okie State D... and that's all without even mentioning LSU's insanely good special teams which flip the field or produce points at a pretty good clip.

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i hope osu goes to the nc game, because the bama mouth breathers are out in full force

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Okie State's defense is predicated on forcing turnovers. It's okay for them to give up a big play because their offense can bail them out.

How the hell do you force a turnover when all LSU does is hand the ball off to one of their 4 bulldozers?

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No love for Okie St in AP/USA Today. Makes me feel like BCS is going to poop out LSU/Okie St.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Okie moved up in the USA today poll in points, which I think is what matters in the formula. If I am reading the computer polls right, they might get enough help to actually make the jump Alabama in two of them, which would give them 4 polls ahead of Bama, which might be enough to jump them ahead.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think they'll need some help from the Harris Poll to make the jump.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If they are as close or better in the Harris Poll as they are in the USA Today, this might be as close as it ever gets overall. Highest and lowest computer scores get thrown out, they have a legit shot to be number 2 in all of those that are counted.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Based purely on Harris speculation and my limited knowledge of the computer polls, I currently have Alabama on top of Ok St. by .0045