Monday morning practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Aug 11, 2014.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Looks like Peterman is still on, in the limited stuff I saw from him.

Worley looked okay too, definitely not as much zip on his passes.

Dobbs didn't look much better than Wegzyn honestly.

That said, there wasn't much to go on there.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

They look less off collectively than they were at the start. There is improvement I think.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agree. Peterman looked the best IMO.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

His footwork is solid, he has a pretty good arm, looked accurate. If he could translate that to game time, he could be a pretty good QB. Maybe we'll get the chance to find out.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I thought he would be the guy all last offseason. Maybe just a year late.

7. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

A few months ago, Peterman would have been the only person I would have guaranteed to not start this season.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I thought the same. He has great size, strong arm and is not afraid to get hit. Florida game looked bad, I just hope he is not one of those guys that gets game day jitters that he can not get rid of.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Some stuff from tooos....

First off, Curt done something to his ankle and is currently in a boot. The staff thinks it is a high ankle sprain so hopefully that won't limit him in the early part of the season.

Coleman Thomas is very impressive. I was shocked with how well he knows that game and his athletic ability. We sure got a good one with him.

The left tackle battle is starting to heat up. Blair has really improved his body and looks night and day better than he did in the spring.

Lane looks like a completely different play than he did last year. He should rush over a 1,000 w/ this line if healthy.

The staff has a few packages for Pig, Young, and a few other players that should cause some excitement this season.

The qb battle is closer than what people think. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Peterman got the nod this week. He has improved vastly compared to last year but still has a ways to go. Seems like 14 and 11 have regressed.

Barnett looks to be the real deal. his motor never stops. The staff thinks he would have been a starter day 1 if he was an EE last December.

Weatherd will be a solid player. The staff loves his long athletic body. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up at end.

I believe Wolf will end up as an All SEC TE. He looks like he has been in the program for a few years. He doesn't seem like a kid that should be 3 months out of high school.

Bates is one of the smartest Fr I remember seeing at UT in a while. He will end up being a fan favorite and a solid LB here. He is currently killing it on special teams.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

summarizing zehr's stuff from toos:

everyone is awesome, freshmen are beasts, last year's disappointments are focused and ready to go, vols are gonna dominate

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Considering the source, pretty much a perfect summary.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I could have dressed out, got in line, and thrown every one of the passes you see in this video.

That neither bragging, nor a compliment to the abilities of our current QB's.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dam; they can't even consistently throw completions when they have no pass rushers or defenders covering the receivers.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Soooo...how is the running game looking?

17. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Hurd looks likes like a giant

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is me just trying to rationalize it but: do QB's always get smacked with pads and what not while throwing? Could that simulated pressure be part of why they throw worse than Honda's ASIMO robot?

[​IMG]

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

How do you know their overall comp/att numbers?

Also, Andrew Luck went for 46/50 at his Pro Day. And that's a guy who is worlds better than all 3 of our guys combined.

This isn't NCAA Football, mind you.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm probably the only one who warrants being reminded of that. Most folks know real football.