2012 BCS NCG Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Oct 5, 2011.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That's why they play the game. Anything can happen.

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Absolutely.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Was pretty close. Alabama by around .009

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Much alcohol is being consumed in Stillwater, OK. The lesson in this all? Don't lose to Iowa State or play in the Big 12.

5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

You lose to Iowa State, you lose all right to [itch bay].

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I have asked this question a few times, but would like the input of those here. How does an Alabama victory in the BCS National Championship Game result in a legitimate National Champion?

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Will be a split poll with the AP voting LSU. LSU has to win this outright, otherwise it is a split. I don't see any other way.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Saw this on Twitter, and I don't really subscribe to this notion, but the logic is pretty solid.

Alabama lost only to number 1 LSU, therefore they must be number 2. Arkansas lost only to number 1 LSU and number 2 Alabama, therefore they must be number... 6?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  9. fl0at_

I take my previous back. If Oklahoma St beats Stanford, and Alabama beats LSU, the AP will vote for Okie St as the national champion.

The only way this ends the way it should is for LSU to win and Okie St to lose.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Va Tach and Michigan get at-large bids over number 7 Boise St. and number 6 Arkansas (who only lost to the teams in the championship). How in the high holy [uck fay] does that make any sense whatsoever?

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Great minds.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If LSU wins, everything is good and the BCS claims to get it right again. If they lose, it's a cluster[uck fay] no matter what else happens. I doubt the AP goes with OK St. if LSU loses, though, unless they lose by a touchdown in an ugly [uck fay]ing game and OSU beats the shit out of Stanford.

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

so bearcat, myself, volnbama, and a few others get to listen to the bama mouth breathers talk about the chance for "14" for another month. i've always hated bama more than florida, but it wasn't until i moved to this state that i really appreciated the times we have beaten them.

as many stupid fans UT has, Bama out numbers UT's stupid fans 10-1 easily.

14. AMEN! I have to go there 3 times a week. I'll be there tomorrow.

I pray that LSU beats those damn inbreds.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Michigan and Va Tech fans travel better

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Each conference can only be represented in no more than 2 BCS bowls. Alabama and LSU are in the BCS national championship therefore negating the chance for any other member of the SEC from representing the conference in a BCS bowl. That's the rule.

It's pathetic that Alabama gets a chance at a National Championship without even winning their own division, let alone their own conference. The need for a playoff in the FBS is being shown this year more than ever. The fact the Alabama has a chance to play for a championship infuriates me.

17. fl0at_

Confused, but isn't Alabama and LSU playing in only one bowl? The same bowl. But still, one bowl.

Did you mean that there can be no more than two teams represented?

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

No, the rule is no more than two teams can be in UNLESS two teams play for the NC. Then a third can, and in this case should, be selected.

19. fl0at_

That sounds better. So Arky still got screwed. No "rule" issue withheld them, they got straight screwed.

I guess the rational was Arkansas wouldn't have made the BCS bowl if Alabama hadn't been in the title game. Rationalization in bowl games is bogus.