Darin Hinshaw to coach WR's, Chaney moves to QB's.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Dec 5, 2011.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

JUST FILED TO GVX: Vols are in the market for a running backs coach. Darin Hinshaw expected to take over WRs, Chaney to handle QBs.

Austin Ward on Twitter.

Thoughts?

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

"UT QB coach Darrin Hinshaw has been moved to WR coach to replace the retiring Charlie Baggett. UT has told recruits of this move."

Per Jimmy Hyams on Twitter

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It's really depressing that almost the entire staff is returning.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I may be in the minority on this, but I think its a good thing that it appears we are gonna have continuity next year for the most part. Minus Baggett, and whoever RB coach will be.

However, I am also in the camp that if they do not produce next year, that we send their asses packing down the Tennessee River December 1st of 2012.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wanted them all gone yesterday but if you're going to give him a year, let him pick his staff and go with it.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I just hate to have another coaching change so quickly. I am VERY disappointed in this staff. Also in this team for not getting up enough to score 14 points to beat UK and get extra practice and get to a bowl game.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

What maybe more depressing is the players and HC remarks about not making a bowl and getting the extra practices.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm 100% with you; however, I'm going to look at the positives here. Apparently no one in the AD has the testicular fortitude to rid us of this shitty mess of an offensive staff this year. When they barely eek out 7-8 wins (at absolute most) next year with a cupcake schedule, perhaps the AD's stones will have dropped by then. We can then hire someone with the proper acumen to return the program to it's rightful place.

Or.......the whole fargin sky could be falling. After the last 2 years of inept leadership and total coaching incompetence on offense, I don't know what the hell is going on at UT anymore. How on earth does Heistand keep his job after this past year is beyond my ability to understand. I want a job where I completely suck but don't have to fear termination.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think continuing next year what we did this year is a bad idea.

10. JayVols

It's effing insane. Is he truly that full of arrogance? Oh well, we all know where hubris usually leads.

I guess the administration wants the whole house to be a smoldering pile of ashes rather than try to save some of it.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I agree. However, If we're letting Dooley run the program another year, I'd rather let him make his own staffing decisions.

I want him gone, but it's not the worst thing if they give Dooley another year, provided that they:
    a) demand results and aren't afraid to cut him loose if he fails to deliver
    b) are willing to do what it takes to get the right guy on campus next year if Dooley does fail.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Looking forward to another terrible season...

13. JayVols

Unfortunately, I agree. Dooley, Chaney, and Heistand couldn't inspire a fat kid to eat cake much less generate hope for a successful season next year.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

TIFWIW, but from all I have heard, the players love Cheney.

15. JayVols

Too bad he sucks, then.

16. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Chaney is a very good coach.... I do not want him fired...I just want someone else to call the plays...Kiffin hired him for a very good reason...He chokes on big play calls...He operates like he is playing NCAA 12...

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If he's just using NCAA 12 playbooks, I'll call the plays. I got this!

18. JayVols

I'll need to see some concrete evidence while he's been at UT to believe this claim.

19. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

That cliche about deckchairs and Titanic immediately comes to mind when I read this thread.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I called this one. I think Hinshaw will do a good job. He made those WRs at Memphis a force to be reckoned with.