NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Felt like we needed one. With cal sucking, I'm very much looking forward to the nfl season.

Seahawks look like they are going to continue where they left off. I think the 49ers are in deep trouble defensively. Bradford finally looks good for the Rams. I expect the panthers to win far less games this year.

2. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

I really hope the refs lay off the flags during regular season... Preseason has been ridiculous.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It was already ridiculous. In particular, given the fact it's the spot of the foul rather than 15 yards. let em play ref!

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I seriously think there may have at least 30 defensive holding calls so far in the preseason. I finally turned the Chiefs/Panthers game off because of it.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I saw a bunch of offensive pass interference calls too. it's ridiculous. the way things are going someone is going to throw for 70 TDs one year.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Is there a "set the tone" type of mentality in the preseason for refs? If so, I'll pass on the NFL season. It's unwatchable the way it's being officiated right now.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've never been much for watching preseason football anyway, sounds like another reason not to

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm assuming that's what is going on and we wont see this in the regular season.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yup it was pretty terrible even before this. I watch it because well it's still football.

10. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

I imagine some of it is the refs letting the players know certain things wont be tolerated this year as has been in years past. I would think it was more of a message than a preview of how the regular season is going to be officiated.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Not that preseason matters but Zack Mettenberger has a strong arm.

12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

No shit ... I almost posted that as well. He'd be one hell of a center fielder. He throws BB's.

13. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

He looked a lot better than I though he would. Was also nice to see Justin Hunter doing some work.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Johnny flipped off the Redskins bench last night

15. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

He best thicken that skin up ... all he did last night was show that you can get in his head.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

He looks like a bust in training.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Last 10 years of the Dolphins

2004 4 12 0
    2005 9 7 0
    2006 6 10 0
    2007 1 15 0
    2008 11 5 0
    2009 7 9 0
    2010 7 9 0
    2011 6 10 0
    2012 7 9 0
    2013 8 8 0

Based on this trend, I will make a bold prediction that we go 8-8 this year.

18. NorrisAlan

Yep. At least because of the new CBA, they didn't have to pay him 293 million dollars as their first pick.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I didn't realize they turned that 1-15 season so well.

20. NorrisAlan

Lost their first playoff game, though.

Vols fan, Cubs fan, Dolphins fan. I have hit the trifecta!