A rumor concerning Arnett

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Dec 5, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

There have been a few rumors on other forums about Arnett being unhappy and possibly seeking a transfer to a Michigan school. I have no idea how much or little truth is in the matter. It would suck, because he looked to be a solid contributor for the next 3 years.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Some guy on toos claimed that he had a class with him. They supposedly asked him about it. He said 'I ain't goin' anywhere.' TIFWIW.

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

They will stay...JMO...but Bray is going to sell them on staying...

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Unless one drops down to FCS, transferring comes with a lot of unknowns regarding eligibility, playing time, and where a head coach will allow a release to begin with. I feel like fans treat it like free agency sometimes.

5. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I've seen the same rumor floating on VQ as well. Also seems to be a lot of rumbling on there about Raijon Neal and Tom Smith. However, Tom Smith shot it down with a tweet saying that he got a call from his dad about the transfer rumor, says hahaha, I ain't going anywhere, I'm VFL!

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

At times the NCAA does too.

I know how rare a Masoli or a Russell Wilson story is, but the average fan sees that and thinks they can go wherever they want if they get a release.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah, its normally not that simple.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's so many loopholes to it too.

It should be pretty cut and dry that you transfer, sit year and then resume playing if you go from one FBS school to another. It's not. You can get a waiver if you are moving closer to home, like Alex Bullard did.

Then, there's an issue of if you stayed one full year or not and if the LOI is still binding.

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Dont know if he would transfer....Dooley would be a [itch bay] and not release him forcing him to pay for school wherever he went.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Too much is made about this. A release just allows for immediate scholarship money. Even if you don't get a release, a good amount of student athletes qualify for FASFA. Releases ain't shit.

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

From what I've heard I'd be surprised if Arnett is enrolled next semester.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Is this fuel for the "attrition via coaching loss" fire of those who want to keep staff in place?

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Baggett "retired" so I don't think you can spin it that way. If Baggett were fired, then you probably could.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Makes Patterson (assuming we get him) a key addition to the WR unit.