2015 remaining prospects

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Huge loss.

2. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

As long as we keep Preston Williams, no.

I would like to have Van, but WR is easily our best unit right now.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Huge mega loss - elite talent in state getting away this year. Gotta hope the Richmond to OM rumors have no merit cause Phillips isn't coming here either.

If Richmond doesn't come that's only TWO of the top 10. Compare that to last season. I remember when I was given a hard time for claiming we wouldn't even get half the top 10 this year. We aren't even gonna come close to that.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Your schtick is so stale.

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?State=TN

Yeah... About that...

6. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I still think we're gonna finish with Richmond and Phillips fwiw, so that would be 4 out of the top 6 in Tennessee. 7-10 is Jackson Harris (no offer), Josh McMillan (Vols didn't even make a push), Donovan Sheffield, (Vols didn't make a push) and Josh Smith (again, Vols didn't even make a push).

11 is Ordway, who has major grade concerns and 12 is Amadi and who knows what is going on there.

I'm not worried about instate recruiting.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't really care where they are from, as long as they are good, play hard, stay out of trouble, and do the work in the classroom. If they're from Tennessee, cool. Maybe it is because I don't really have a home town, but I just don't see the big deal.

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Vols didnt make a push with any of those because they were never going to get those kids (except maybe Jackson Harris - not sure what the deal was with him). We would very much take any of those other guys and want them. I wouldn't hold your breath with Phillips - his mom just doesn't want him here.

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

The big deal is there's a ton of awesome in state talent and we are getting pushed around this year (unlike last) for many of these guys and having to settle for some less talented out of state players. Still will be a good class, but could've been a truly elite class with some of these guys.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't follow this as close as you do, but we are in the top 10. Historically, that is enough to compete year in and year out if you maintain it. I am just not worried about the details yet. If we start winning more games, this problem goes away. We are recruiting well enough to expect to win more games soon. So... Ya.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well - things will change - but hypothetically if we didn't drop some of our lesser players for guys yet to commit (which will more than likely happen assuming we get guys like Tuttle, Richmond, etc.) then we would fall out of the top 10. Our star average isn't that favorable.

We can maybe hang on to a top 10 ranking - just disappointing to see the instate talent this year go else where - could've had an even better class than last year given the star power we are in on.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Richmond to OM rumors?

Sounds like he visited and UT is still leading.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

You talk about "our star rating" but this class includes a long snapper and punter for one thing. Those two bring the star avg. down but are necessary to improve the team. If you were a coach you'd have 45 receivers on roster.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see the long snapper taking a scholarship up in this class, either

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Maybe that will get the avg up to Bassman's liking.

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

We aren't the only ones that have to take punters...

We only have 6 (out of 23) composite 4 & 5 star players. Compare to everyone else in the top 10 (most of which who also have less commits) who have at least 10.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

That's from all UT sources - all OM sites believe they now took control and shut it down. Some similar rumblings out of UNC about Tuttle as well.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

No shit but teams don't take punters and long snappers every year and on the years they do, maybe their average is down. If you look at the team above (Georgia) and team below (Penn St.) on Rivals team rankings, neither has a P,K or LS to bring their averages down and like Groves said, if the long snapper doesn't get a scholarship, the average goes up.

You're worried about 4 and 5 stars and trust me, I think the idiots on VN that assume every 2 or 3 star we get will be the next Cam Sutton are ridiculous and I prefer to get higher rated players but look at some of the 3 stars committed, according to Rivals.

Ford
    Hall
    Jackson
    Picou
    Smith
    Miller
    Oliver
    Griffin

I wouldn't trade any of those for Van Jefferson based on the lack of depth and needs of the team.

As for Jaylond Woods most people think it's a matter of time before he gets replaced and Bruce is a different type receiver than Jefferson but I could maybe see an argument there.

At this point, there is plenty to criticize the current staff for but recruiting isn't one of them.

Once they get the depth where they want it then they can be more picky about who they get.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I would trade just about all those guys with exception of 2-3 for more talented in state guys we whiffed on or night whiff on. Probably keep Smith and Picou.

The fact that Bruce ever got a committable offer is jus dumb.

Miller, Oliver, Griffin, Ford and Hall could easily be recruited over.