Vols to open '17 season vs GaTech in new Falcons stadium

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Aug 26, 2014.

1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

We are the best.

3. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I like the fact that Hart is scheduling OOC opponents that are recognizable but won't beat our ass by 40+ points. Scheduling these neutral site games in some of our main recruiting grounds is smart as well.

2015- vs Oklahoma, vs UAB (Nashville)

2016- VaTech (Bristol)

2017- GaTech (opening of new Falcons stadium), @Memphis

2018- WVU (Charlotte)

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

around. nothin'severgonnakeepusdown.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

GA Tech guy told me this would happen a few weeks ago and looked around online and couldn't find anything. I like it, but I guess this breaks the Cold War between Tech and UT right? What does this all mean going forward?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Maybe Tech wants back in the SEC?

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Who comes with them?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe a North Carolina state. Maybe Clemson. Likely another Big 12 state (Oklahoma).

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tech ain't coming back. Would lose too much money with ACC to come back. Neither would State or any other ACC team. They've got the strictest conference deal in sports.

I will give Hart credit where due - he's tightening the noose around the neck of the local governments to get rid of the local tax on football tickets.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

SEC is all about expanding markets. I doubt we ever see Clemson even come close to joining as long as USCe is in.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Yes. Plus they allow people like Jeremy Foley to have too much influence rather than telling him to shut the **** up when another Florida school gets mentioned. I think it would be bad news for Tennessee if a North Carolina or Virginia school joins the SEC. Part of the appeal with recruits of leaving those states is to come to Tennessee and play in the SEC.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I still think that if the SEC were to add two more teams, it would be NC State and Virginia Tech.

13. CardinalVol

It won't be an ACC team until the ACC changes terms of a team exiting.

14. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Yep. If/when we expand again, I would think the SEC would try to get into North Carolina and Virginia. VaTech and UNC would be a great pull but because of politics, I'm not sure they could leave their brothers (Duke and UVA) behind. NC State wouldn't be a bad option imo.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

What about West Virginia?

16. CardinalVol

I'd be willing to wager they'd be on the list of teams to go after next time around.

17. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I'm probably in the minority but I wanted them instead of Missouri the first time around.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Cool. Close enough for everyone to travel.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Do they bring enough viewers?

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Missouri brings St. Louis and Kansas City markets, unfortunately.