Five Guys/Other Burger Joints

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tidwell, Aug 29, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

you can't really [uck fay] up fries unless 1. you serve them cold and 2. you serve them fresh cut. you gotta soak them to get some of the starch out first.

working in a restaurant killed it for me. i'm used to eating those [uck fay]ers right out of the basket like tic-tacs.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

3. Not cook them all the way and serve them up floppy. My high school's cafeteria SMH.

3. kev2012

kev2012 New Member

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Too many of my friends here in the Army are afraid to try the unique, not a chain restaurants, so i find myself eating Applebee's, Chili's, Ruby Tuesday and the like way more often than I prefer. At least I've discovered at Chili's, their Southern Smokehouse Burger is extremely good. I think I prefer it over 5 Guys these days.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

So Cookout has now invaded TN opening locations in Johnson City and Knoxville. (After starting in NC they are aggressively expanding west and south). The burgers are ok, but frankly I can't figure out how this place is so popular. It serves everything, and it is cheap and not terrible food. They do have Cheerwine on tap which is a tremendously redeeming quality. Otherwise it seems to me like a gussied-up Sonic.

The bbq they serve is Eastern North Carolina style, which if you have never had it is unique to say the least. I actually prefer it sometimes.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Five Guys restaurant is the shiz. I finally had a burger and fries from there in NYC. Amazing.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Moe's Hamburgers. There are a few of them in middle Tennessee and they kick 5 guys in the nuts.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Had this place for the first time Monday in NC. I ordered a shit ton of food and got out of there for under $6. Not to mention I got my Cheerwine fix.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just had Five Guys. Now for the 35 minute drive home. I affectionately call this drive "Operation Beat The Colon."

So far, the victory looks bleak.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The nearest Walmart will have to hire a hazmat team when they clean there tonight.

11. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

have you gone for the milkshakes yet? and by milkshake i mean a cup full of ice cream that you can't use a straw on. those are my addiction there. the banana pudding shake, supposedly, has real banana pudding mixed in with ice cream rather than just the flavor

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This isn't necessarily a burger joint, but when Hardees has there Western Bacon Thickburger...those are pretty good. It sucks because it's only available like 1 or 2 months out of the year.

13. I am not super impressed, especially with their prices.

This is true in most cases. I have to give a shout out to one Wendy's that has a very good staff. I eat at the Wendy's in Scottsboro, AL about once a week. Good people there.

NOW..........let us discuss burgers.

You think you can eat? Whip in here and order a Wide Glide (triple). I can eat like horse and usually stick to a Fat Boy (double).

Win-Bob Drive-In
    327 Rankin Ave S, Dunlap, TN 37327-5118
    (423) 949-2912

[​IMG]

Armando's has several locations in Chattanooga and the surrounding area.

[​IMG]

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've eaten at Win-Bob's SOJ.

Good stuff

15. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

We just got one in Memphis. Love it

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that looks really friggin good.

17. WM

WM Active Member

Has anyone had Culver's before? I thought they were only located in the great lakes region but just saw they have one location in Murfreesboro and about a dozen in Kentucky.
    They have these butter burgers that are some of the best i have had for fast food. Side of cheese curds and top it off with a turtle sundae. It's a great once and a while calorie splurge for me.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Good call WM. I always stop at Culver's if I head west through Kentucky/Indiana.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Next time I'm in the Boro I will try this

20. That is a good looking burger.