FREE MONEY! 2014 CFB Gambling

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Aug 20, 2014.

1. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

YTD 6-4 +6.5 units

Sunday
    5 units Baylor -33.5

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

4-1 (5-1 if you include my WSU pick)

I always do better the first week though

3. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

nice week. keep it up.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Free Money

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So you guys are making free money?

6. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

YTD 7-4 +11.5 units

4 units Louisville -3 buy half point if needed

7. kidbourbon

I initially had 100 on LSU at -4.5. I then backed that up on the ML by risking 110*1.7 to win 110 by taking LSU at -170.*

But then I took LSU again ATS when it moved to 3.5. So won overall on the Tigers.

Yes, Indy, Free Money, baby!

*This is a play I do frequently. So if I lose the spread bet, but the fav team wins the game, the two bets cancel each other other

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

San Antonio v Arizona Thursday night in the Alamodome will be very interesting.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Arizona line is only now a td. I don't think Arizona is great, but they cover.

I like usc +3 over Stanford

ASU -26.5 over New Mexico

UCLA -23.5 over Memphis

10. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Didn't know this thread existed but I'm glad it does. Wasn't a great weekend but it could have been a lot worse.

Started on Thursday 2-3 for a loss of 1.26units

Got A LOT worse on Friday going 1-7 somehow (I will never bet against Larry Coker again)...I did win a prop bet that Arizona would be held to under 40 yards on their first drive so I was able to hit that at +410 odds but still the first two nights ended up being -6.21units.

The prop bet seemed to get some redemption going late Friday night and carried into Saturday going 11-5. Did a little live betting on a few games but ended up getting my deficit down to -2.066unit for opening week.

Played a parlay on Sunday and barely missed it. Tenn -3.5, Tenn/USU over 51, Baylor/SMU under 76...Tenn ATS and Baylor under was money however it wasn't meant to be when the Tennessee/USU total sat at 45 for the remaining 10+mins of the game.

Monday went 2-0 with Louisville -3.5 and Louisville ML. Ended up with a YTD record of 16-16 -1.504 units.

Bet way too many games this weekend but after a long off season it had to be done. We'll try to get back positive this weekend.

11. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Um...ECU +15.5 at South Carolina? (Bets life savings on ECU)

12. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Still on the fence about this one. Mainly because I just don't know if ECU is fool's gold. They were a 10 win team last year but 9 of those wins (excluding Old Dominion) were against teams that combined for a record of 38-72. They beat a bowl eligible UNC team by 3+TD's on the road and kept it within 5 points of VT last year but also lost an overtime game against Tulane and @Marshall. The fact that they seem to get up for big time games against power 5 foes is the only reason I would consider it. Will be watching that line closely. Ideally I would like to see that line 21+ and it seems well on it's way sitting at 17 on a lot of books.

13. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Very intriguing match up. Line holding at Zona -7. SA is loaded at the skill positions RB and WR. Returns all five OL starters.
    Defense returns 10 starters and took care of the Houston O last week. 6 straight wins now for SA dating back to last year.

14. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

I did go ahead and lock in Navy -3 @ Temple. Navy will not be turning the ball over 100 times like Vandy did.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Marshall looked a lot better than UNC last year

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I actually don't think Arizona is very good, but they should put up 50 on them at least.

17. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

It's definitely a step up for UTSA but they held Houston to 7 who averaged 33 a game last year and returned 8 of 11 on offense. If UTSA is able to sustain drives on offense I think they win outright.

They intercepted O'Korn from Houston 4 times and he's not a bad QB. Threw for over 3k yards last year and 28 TD's as a true freshman.

18. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Also Mizzou -3.5 against Toledo wow. Either Vegas is about to make a huge payout to the public or Mizzou is getting their first loss to a MAC team.

19. kidbourbon

I'm on this like cray cray.

20. kidbourbon

I'm on Zona