A Suggestion For Coach Martin.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Dec 9, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

After seeing the electric sellout crowd in Wichita tonight and witnessing Frank Martin commit to playing games here with regularity going forward, I implore Cuonzo Martin to sign a series with Kansas State. We can play four games. One in Wichita, one in Nashville, then a home and home. Playing a team as physical and aggressive as the Wildcats would be great for the development of Coach Martin's, the UT version, program. John Currie was at UT before he became K State's AD. It should be easy to put this together. If you wanted to be really creative, play in Kansas City and Memphis instead of the home and home.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fine idea to me, but the WVU/K-St connection makes sense with Frank Martin being a former Huggins assistant. Is there a Martin/Martin connection I'm unaware of, or do you just think Frank Martin would go along with it if approached?

While on the subject, what are your thoughts on Coach Martin, the K-St. version? A buddy of mine who knows a great deal more about basketball than I do said he isn't yet sold on Frank Martin.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Where? The Mid-South Colosseum? No way in the world UT is getting into FedEx unless the Tigers are the team playing them.

4. hatvol96

West Virginia and Kansas State will soon be playing home and home conference games.

I thought Frank would really struggle as a head coach at the D-I level. He's been nothing but successful.

5. hatvol96

If ESPN says they want UT playing in FEF, the building's main tenant will make sure it happens. They don't want to make the Associaton's major TV partner angry.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Throw in a KU vs. Memphis game and make it a double header?