The Section 103 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Dec 10, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. The saxophone version of the National Anthem was a nice touch. Mr. McGee did a quality job.
    2. That was an unmitgated disaster. What you saw on the floor today is why a lot of people had UT pegged to finish 11th in the SEC.
    3. Cam Tatum has had some uninspiring efforts in his time at UT. Today's sleepwalk goes right to the top of the list.
    4. Being benched early seemed to light a fire under Kenny Hall for a while. Of course, he reverted to form down the stretch.
    5. The point guard play was abysmal all day. If that's the performance is going to get going forward out of Trae Golden and Wes Washpun, it's going to be a long, long winter in Knoxville.
    6. It's baffling how a player goes from totally dominating a game in the first half to hardly touching the ball in the second half. Tennessee did a pathetic job of exploiting the mismatch they had with Jeronne Maymon in the final 20 minutes.
    7. Jordan McRae was pretty solid today. His willingness, when afforded the opportunity, to attack the basket in a close game was encouraging.
    8. Nothing says entertainment like the mascot for the Knoxville Ice Bears flagrantly fouling a student. Chalk up another one for the event management staff.
    9. The defensive effort in the second half was embarrassing. Austin Peay got whatever shot they wanted and took advantage of consistent breakdowns on UT's part.
    10. We'll find out a great deal about this team at Charleston. If they don't get things back on course immediately, this season is going directly off the cliff.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Heard that AP shot 80% in the second half and 60% for the game. That's just beyond pathetic. There's no excuse for it.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Just for giggles:

Ty Edmonson--30 min, 7-13, 19pts, 3 boards, 2 assists and a steal.

He could have helped us last year. He could have helped us more this year.

4. hatvol96

He was really good. Jerome Clyburn, who couldn't get minutes at Southern Miss, also pretty much worked over UT's defenders.

5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

We definitely haven't looked like a keady/stallings/painter team defensively. Of course, these guys aren't used to playing much defense either.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm going to an event at UHA later this afternoon in conjunction with a basketball game. My guess is that I'm going to get to hear a lot about it.

7. hatvol96

They guarded absolutely nobody in the second half. The number of easy shots they got what staggering.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Glad to see you were able to make it after all Hat.

Good thread.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

We suck at basketball.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Hat, or anyone else, what kind of record do you think Tennessee is looking at this year? This was certainly an ugly loss.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

14-17ish

12. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

As dead as I've ever seen that arena.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is true.

14. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Dane Bradshaw's assessment just now: "AP looked darn good for a 1-9 team." At least the guy is consistent.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk