"Committee won't put two teams from one league in playoff"

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Indy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

-some dumbass on CFB daily

Thoughts?

Personally, I think that having two teams from one conference shouldn't be an issue. Look at the teams being truly considered. Oregon, Oklahoma, and Florida State are the ONLY teams in their conferences with a legitimate chance of making it. How many teams in the SEC have a legitimate chance? Bama, A&M, and Auburn are all clear favorites. Why should the fact that they have to play each other during the season have any limitation whatsoever on how many of them make the playoff?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can't believe that's true. it should be interesting to see if they have the balls to deviate from the ap poll.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm also fairly certain that Oregon will lose to someone shitty. they've just lost their 3rd oline starter and their D looks worse than last year. I bet we could even get a 2 loss sec team in the playoff this year.

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Not doing so would defeat the whole point of putting the best teams against each other and letting them play it out.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

This 4 team playoff is a god damn joke.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Oregon's plummet back to reality is inevitable.

7. GahLee

After Mariotta leaves? Sure.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If i were on the committee, i would rule nothing out until the smoke cleared

9. GahLee

Or until the check cleared.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was thinking more of Chip Kelly leaving.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Win out and you'll make it, so because of that it's an improvement. I don't trust the human element of a dozen old farts with strong connections to other programs. I didn't really trust the bcs either, but I don't like this way of selecting teams better.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

After the shitty second half Oklahoma played against us, I'm not so sure they'll win out either.

Florida state will be there. They just don't play anybody.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Would have probably been better to keep BCS formula for selection purposes.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they don't have the recruiting base to maintain it longterm. even with phil's money their rightful place is a perennial 8-4 team that makes a bcs every 10 years. basically what they were under bellotti.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  15. GahLee

That was the first domino but Mariotta is a stud. He should carry them this year to being a top 5 team. After that, who knows.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I bet MSU makes it if Oklahoma or florida state lose a game. If the pac-12 champion has one loss they'll make it. Then it's the sec champion and either an undefeated Oklahoma, florida state, or the runner up SEC champion.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's the best qb in college football when 100%. he is prone to injuries though.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Another gem from this show was their choice to play up the importance of the Bama vs. UF game. They posted some stat about how 4 of the last 5 teams to win this game went on to win the national title.

All of us non dumbasses know Florida has no hope of even sniffing a title this season.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That would be a travesty. The big 10 is terrible.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I completely agree, but I see almost no chance MSU loses another game. while the sec runner up or the pac-12 champion could easily have 2 losses. History has also shown that early losses count less in the voters eyes. in particular on the road against a top 10 team.