On to Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 22, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are a 17.5 favorite.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Seems a little high.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have no idea what to expect. On paper, there's no way Tennessee should be in the game, but then there's the Richt factor.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Mark Richt.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Take the points.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not that you fix it over a bye week but it depends on our OL play.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

What he said

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

2 weeks to prepare is always nice. What is CBJ record after a BYE week overall? He's 1-1 here I know.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Either 6-1 or 5-2

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

UGA has a very suspect secondary. If Worley can get more than two Mississippi to throw it this week there should be opportunities to make some plays. Defensively I say we load the box and force Mason to beat us in the air.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Tennessee puts 8 in the box and Gurley just smashes his way through, I can live with it.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Time to get one of those upset wins

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gurley averages 9.8 yards a carry after the massacre against Troy

14. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

This time last year, I would have said I didn't have much faith that Jancek would be able to put together a game plan or scheme that would be able to mitigate the damage that Gurley can do but now...I'll simply say I'm more confident just not overly.

It will be nice to have Saulsberry back this week too, if only to have one more semi-productive body in the DL rotation. Hopefully he's back to form from the first play but I expect there to be some rust. Regardless, his presence will be welcomed.

Patrick Brown tweeted out something that I thought was interesting, regarding the 17.5 point spread and last three meetings between UGA and UT: the last three meetings have been decided by a total of 18 points.

I've said since this summer that the next four games would forecast this team's future under Jones. All four of these games are winnable--even if three would be considered upsets. Winning more than one is an accomplishment but doesn't improve upon last year's final results. While it's nothing to scoff at and could very likely be one of, if not the deciding factors that get us bowl eligible by year's end, if ever there was a time to take two steps forward as a program, it's this year.

Clay Travis has mentioned multiple times that, of the current SEC coaching elite, each one took major strides in year two on the job; i.e. 9 wins. While I don't see this team winning more than 7 games; for the first time in a decade, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised about my alma mater's football team.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah, maybe he's getting old, but Clay Travis is underrating Spurrier.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch has an opportunity to win 8 but he's got to either beat UGA or Ole Miss.

Mizzou is merely average, Florida is terrible and South Carolina is schizophrenic. I'm not worried about Vandy or UK.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Overrated. Can't even get a measly 10 yds a carry.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

?

He could get 8 with Mizzou, Florida, and South Carolina. Unless you think we won't sweep those three (which, honestly, we probably won't)

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Pretty sure before Saulsberry injury he wasn't very high on the depth chart (either 2nd/3rd string I can't remember) - he hadn't come back to the level he was performing at before he went down last year so I don't expect too much from him.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he'll lose one to Mizzou or South Carolina and win one (like UGA or Ole Miss) where Tennessee is an underdog.

If Tennessee loses to Florida, I'll probably have a stroke.

And you have no idea what South Carolina team is going to show up.