On to Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 22, 2014.

1. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I must have missed his comments regarding the OBC...?

Pains me to think of the atrocity I witnessed the last time I was in Oxford. I sat beside an old man who only spoke to me when the Rebs scored or McCluster broke one for a big gain...so he never shut up. By his comments, you would've thought that Ole Miss was in the middle of defending a decade-long streak of SEC and National championships.

I've never wanted to knock out an old man before or since that day...

I don't know where he was on the depth chart but he has been, at the very least, a serviceable SEC lineman since last year. Considering our youth on the line, a veteran presence will be a very nice addition, even if all it does is provide a respite for the more talented Freshmen and Sophomores.

2. OrangeBlood79

No sooner do I mention Patrick Brown and his somewhat encouraging tweet, do I read his article on TFP where he offers up yet another interesting stat...that makes me want to puke:

Here's the article: LINK

...yet, then there's this line that offers at least a glimmer of hope:

I know W. Michigan and Cincy aren't the best places to pad your resume with wins over ranked teams but, damn, 1-11?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Central Michigan was a lot of teams' homecoming games.

4. OrangeBlood79

No doubt.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, he wasn't pulling in the talent at Central Michigan that he is pulling in here. You just cannot out coach someone with 4.9 guys going against 4.3 guys.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is his 8th year as a HC and he's played 6 or 7 ranked teams in his year and 3 games here.

Six years at CMU and Cincy, he faced 5 ranked opponents

7. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

It has already been stated here, but Georgia's secondary is very, very suspect.

8. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I like not having to deal with a running qb, but I don't like an experienced and big line against our young guys. I hope we penetrate and make them change direction instead of accepting blocks, trying to read and trying to grab with one arm as Gurley blows by.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

UGA's OL isn't that great. Theus is probably the softest 5* OT to ever play and he's good for at least 3 penalties a game.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'd put him among the coaching elite. He didn't do much in year two at South Carolina. 3-5 in SEC play with wins over Mississippi State, Kentucky, and Vandy

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Feels like 42-21.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Vols.

13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

If we somehow get Pearson/Wolf/Saulsberry/Scott back 100% I actually think we have a decent chance to at least keep this within 2 scores.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm saying we win with short field goal as time expires. 20-17 big orange.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Us:
    [​IMG]

Georgia:
    [​IMG]

16. NorrisAlan

Who you callin' a Yankee?

That said, burn it to the Atlantic, Butch. Burn it all the way to the sea.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

This is the kind of game where we need Worley to be accurate with the deep ball. If nothing else, we have to take at least 3-4 shots. UGA's secondary isn't going to be suspect if they don't have to honor it.

18. JayVols

[​IMG]

If you are from East Tennessee, you might not be a Yankee, but chances are your ancestors didn't vote for secession.

But, that's not the point I was trying to convey.

19. NorrisAlan

Hell I am from south Florida and mothers family is from Michigan. Dads side is all southern though from Alabama and Mississippi.

So it is all good ;)

20. JayVols

You're more screwed up than us Melungeons.