Word on the Street is Stokes Will Commit to UT...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Dec 12, 2011.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

would be an absolutely epic pickup for Martin and company if it happens.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I will believe it when I see it.

Nothing personal, would just shock me beyond belief.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would be the first good thing to happen to the basketball program in a long time

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

better?

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Impossible, Stokes would never come here after we lost to AP.............................................:rolleyes:

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It would shock me as well, but lots of chatter down here about it and seeing some positive things being reported on the pay sites.

7. hallowed_hill

Would be huge. There has been a massive shift in how Hubbs talks about Stokes the last couple of weeks. He's still cautious, as always, but far from the 'no chance in hell' vibe he's usually given about Stokes.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Damn it, wish he could sign right away.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The rumor is rampant down here that he'll commit to UT and enroll next semester and play. 247 seems to just take for granted that wherever he goes, he'll be enrolling next semester.

10. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

HE will be playing in the Spring. He has taken all of his high school credits online and will be eligible as soon as he can get cleared and enrolled. Tennessee has the two things that he wants badly right now: a scholarship available right now, and plenty of playing time. Memphis does not have a scholly but thats not the big issue because if he enrolled here then he could get HOPE money and live at home at no cost. Tennessee actually has playing time available for him right now. Should be very interesting although this kid has continually put out rumors like this himself. I wouldnt read too much into it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whoa. He could play this season?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I doubt he'd get many if any minutes at Memphis this season. He could be a starter before February at Tennessee.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yep. His dad just confirmed he'll be enrolling mid-year. CatsIllustrated, the UK Rivals affiliate, is reporting it.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Hope he commits and makes it in. Good to have another hoops guy here LV13.

15. hallowed_hill

This can only be a good sign for us I would think

16. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Tennessee also has another thing working in its favor that could significantly impact his decision. I cant discuss it but it adds some more value to his decision.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Greater access to Petro's Chili and Chips? Just guessing.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I can't imagine he'd want to go to a loaded frontline in Lexington and it has always seemed to me that Cal was recruiting the guy just to [uck fay] with Memphis anyway. Had Stokes wanted to go to Memphis, he would've committed a long time ago. He seems to want a reason to leave. So, to me, it looks like it's us or Arkansas and I know we have a real need down low, plus I know he was going to commit to Pearl as it was. I feel pretty good about this one, you can usually tell by the tone of the message boards when a recruit is going to fall your way and it looks like this one could go our way.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That stings but it's true

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hell, if its gonna be like that, won't he be that much closer to Pal's, too?