Justified

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Smowkee, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Season Premier Jan. 17.

natalie-zea.jpg

2. WM

WM Active Member

Looking at my DVR list and realized that about 80% of my favorite shows are on FX.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Great show. It would be better if the show was actually filmed in Kentucky.

Boyd Crowder is one of the best television characters ever written.

4. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

A friend of mine went to high school with the guy that plays Boyd. She said he was pretty normal in high school.

5. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

This is a damn good show. Like one of the previous posters, I have a large number of FX shows on my DVR as well

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think the league is the only one i watch. any others worth a look?

7. WM

WM Active Member

The League has just been hitting on all cylinders this year. Good thing because It's Always Sunny was a huge letdown this year.
    Sons of Anarchy is a good show, just ended for the season though but you can catch up on Netflix.
    American Horror Story is better than i expected. Jessica Lange and crazy ghost kid are making that show epic.
    Archer is worth a look, gut feeling is it wouldn't be your cup of comedy tea though.
    Louie is a solid summer running series. Feel like i am missing something but there is a start.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

great thanks

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pumped to find out Neal Mcdonough is joining the cast this season.

I would recommend Terriers from FX to anybody. Great show that only lasted one season.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Boyd Crowder -- real name Walton Goggins -- was interviewed on NPR today and had some interesting things to say about his role on the show. He said when he initially got the script Boyd was, in essence, a dumb Southern bigot who cracked on Obama and used the N word with regularity. He said he refused to do the show unless Boyd was made into more of a complex character and that Raylan would "tone" down Boyd's racism. He said something to the effect of he wanted Boyd to be a "Svengali" character who is more self-aware and knows that racism is mean-spirited. Anyway, passing it along.

11. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

That is pretty interesting. I know several people that went to that high school, and none of them are racist.

12. WM

WM Active Member

Almost forgot this was on tonight.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Oh Shiz they went to Knoxville.

14. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Ok, I hate that the Entertainment forum is now submerged with all this other shi@. I finally got to see the premiere "on demand". Did I miss something? It looks like this thing picked up in midstream. I thought the show ended last year with the shoot out at the cabin and Boyd on the run. I'm totally confused. This episode was so boring, I fell asleep in the middle of it. I need to watch it again. Dissapoint so far.

15. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Ok, "on demand" is still a week behind, but I'm caught up now. Looks like the Bennetts are being replaced by the black clan doing meat packing. Leader looks like one sick bastard. Things are starting to get a little more interesting. Still love Boyd's character.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is the characters that make this show so special.

17. WM

WM Active Member

The roulette was [uck fay]ing intense.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They are really stringing Dickie's character along. Going to be a big moment when he finally dies.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

And we all can tell he most likely will.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thinking he didn't really remove his kidneys.