The Pembroke Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Dec 14, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. From five minutes left in the first half until there were five minutes remaining in the game, Tennessee couldn't have played more poorly if they tried. The effort and execution were equally atrocious.
    2. Former Maryland players should be banned from serving as color commentators. Somehow, Adrian Branch is even more terrible than Len Elmore. I thought that to be an impossibility.
    3. Kenny Hall was typically terrible. His play makes me long for the days of Alonzo Johnson and Michael Curry. I'm flabbergasted that Cuonzo Martin put Hall back out there to start the second half after his pathetic first half effort.
    4. Dwight Miller was either injured or deported shortly after halftime. Those are the only acceptable explanations for him not seeing more action after the way he played in the initial 20 minutes.
    5. Jordan McRae is the only true bright spot. He played well and tried to lead.
    6. Renaldo Wooridge should see nothing but garbage time minutes. He unfailingly screws up the game with his lack of instincts.
    7. That's the second straight year UT has turned Antwaine Wiggins into Kobe Bryant. If he played Tennesse every game, he'd be a first team All American.
    8. I'm past the point of discussing the point guard play. It's quite simply an embarrassment.
    9. Charleston is built for a great multi-year run in the Southern Conference. Anthony Stitt and Adjehi Baru are top flight freshmen talents.
    10. I'm not sure how in the world UT's marketing people are going to get people into the building for the UNC-Asheville game. I think a Heather Harrington-Kris Budden-Fallon Smith Triple Threat Match at halftime sounds like a good idea. I'll even referee for free.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Not to be a debbie downer but UNC Asheville played this C of C team better than we did. And they've beaten Utah.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Pretty disconcerting seeing the Charleston freshman have their way for parts of the game.

4. hatvol96

Utah is far, far worse than UT is right now. They may be the worst team in a Big Six conference.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'd simply add that I thought Cam Tatum was beyond horrid tonight. Some kind of senior leadership on the road.

6. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

We make close games look so bad.

7. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

8. hatvol96

Seeing how Oklahoma and Wichita State are playing isn't doing anything to improve my mood.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You're gonna need to add a dude into the equation so that some pipe gets properly laid. I will volunteer my services if need be.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If we add Stokes this season how much of an impact do you think he could be?

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Serious question - How bad is our basketball team? I don't follow, know, or really care about basketball in any shape or form but when I see that we lost to teams like CoC and AP it really makes me wonder just how bad we are.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

well. The game is won at the PG and paint spots. We suck at both.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

What kind of losses are those (CoC and AP)? Is it the same as losing to a Montana or UAB in football?

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Heck ,the way it's looking right now, Montana may be our best football win in 2011.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

You get what I'm saying though. I'm trying to understand the magnitude of losing to those teams. I know college BB is different from football in that smaller schools have good programs so it's not always a shock.

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

A home loss to a 1-9 OVC team is bad.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What record do you guys think Pearl has with this team right now/at the end of the year? Seriously wondering.

They were talking about how Martin said this team won't be the same team we see in February. Let's hope he's right about that.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

CofC is a pretty good team and while I guess it's not embarrassing to lose to them in their building it's certainly not acceptable. The home loss to AP is about as bad a loss as there could possibly be in any sport ever.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't honestly see how the record would be any better/worse. The AP game could have turned out differently not necessarily based on anything Pearl would bring but just because it was one of those WTF things that I can't see happening again (I hope.)

20. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

The most disturbing stat I heard was that 12 minutes into the 2nd half, Tennessee had only 4 total rebounds since halftime

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011