Well... Looks like I'm here full time now.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by KingWebbsticles, Dec 14, 2011.

1. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

EDIT: Just curious OCI, earlier you said that you couldn't reveal your source or it could result in you getting fired but today you admitted to talking personally with Thompson.
    What changed your situation or do you just have multiple sources?

I'd also like to thanks the past VN recruiting gurus that have proven that they are legit. People like VSPN, Sab, codyg, crushimusmaximus' dreams and, of course, TheDooley.

It is crazy how things have changed in a few years. We have lost the right to call people out. From the Grand Poobah himself circa 2009...
    :glare: Message Board Nazis

Oh well...

2. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

So, they banned you for simply questioning that? Christ Almighty, what a bunch of [ussies pay].

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're more than welcome to make this your full time home. It is shit like that which led to the preemptive creation of this place by Tenny D and others.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Exactly, IPO, on both counts. He is welcome to make this his full-time landing pad, and that is exactly why we formed this site. And Freak is fully aware of those reasons, from the many requests to curb it or at least to add some level of accountability or transparency into his mods and site rules - both before we left, and in re-telling it since.

I've made a conscious decision to at least attempt to leave their shenanigans unmentioned - but as someone who has met and exchanged innumerous emails with Freak over the last few years of a quasi-personal nature (we have never been "friends" by any measure, only acquaintances), I know that he is by no means stupid, nor did he seem to be someone who would fail to see the end result of allowing this sort of idiocy. And yet, it seems (I've not conducted a scientific study, just my take from these second-hand accounts) that they're not only happening, but with egregiously and greater frequency.

I don't know all that he's balancing, and am no one to judge what he's aiming for - but this seems like A,B,C sort of crap.

If you're going to take the steps he's taken to shroud our existence from his members (killing PM's, immediate deletion of any post that even hints at us, and banishment for it's author - and the preemptive banishment of more, still) - it seems counter-intuitive (to say the least) to then allow quality posters to get ran off....for being nothing more than a quality poster who is (seemingly) exposing a fraud....much less that he, himself, would lead the charge.

I can't reconcile my interactions with Freak and all of these many instances of lunacy and near-sightedness, to say it kindly.

It feels something like, albeit on a lesser scale of importance, Kennedy dealing with Kruschev. As he appears to get further from reality, you have to begin to wonder if he's calling the shots - or has given it to others to do, or is just getting horrible advice from those around him.

But, they've got more members than us, at least for now, and I'm certain that such an advantage makes him smarter than I. Or, not.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Freak was just one of the first to get in...this site, fl98 and before its death V,B are/were much better sites for discussion. Freak also has an easy recognizable domain name and is well established. He could make decisions with his head straight up his ass and because there was some buzz about a coaching hire etc he will get a spike in users. I would not think much about it.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Heck, we allow harassment and questioning of mods and owners. At least for harassing the owner, I think most mods will encourage it.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Our gain, their loss.

9. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

a recurring theme

10. WM

WM Active Member

Full time?
    We offer dental, vision and free leg acne cream if needed. Not too bad for a mom and pop establishment at the moment.

11. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I am considering the ultimate call out on VN to see if I can get banned in a single post there. I've never been on VN, but I think this shall be well planned for the situation. If anyone has additional targets in addition the legendary one that is FOS, please add. I have grown tired off all of the think they know it alls there. But when it goes down, to quote a Jon Bon Jovi song, it will be in a "Blaze of Glory"

12. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I think you should just post as many gifs/pics in a thread as you can. Apparently that's the funniest thing ever.

13. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

so were banned from VN?

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm also going to put this in the Checkerboard. Not trying to be an ass, just trying to keep the football forum fairly football related.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Over-zealous mod. This is how it starts, Tenny.

16. CardinalVol

I've already suggested an avatar change for him to a certain water tower in the middle east.

17. Tenacious D

If you wanted to make a comparison between Cotton and a certain mod from another site - it'd be "Idiotic" not to look around.

Just sayin'.

18. Tenacious D

Better chance Cotton runs me off, than the reverse.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That's me. Full of zeal.

20. CardinalVol

Cuts deep......ouch.