Coaching Trade

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Dec 16, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Heard this on the radio a moment ago and wanted to get some 8th input. How many SEC schools would trade head coaches with Tennessee?

Now do PAC 12, Big 12, Big 10, ACC, and Big East.

I honestly think the answer is zero from everyone but the ACC and Big East, and that's because I can't recall all the coaches from those conferences.

What do you guys think? Name some schools we could make a reasonable trade offer.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maryland would probably trade Edsall for Dooley.

That's all I got right now.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Edsall's job with UConn is much more impressive than anything Dooley has even thought about doing. I'd trade with Maryland all day.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ole Miss would consider it. ASU would likely.

5. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, but apparently the Maryland fans, players and boosters hate him. They can't afford his buyout though.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

what an awful exercise. Cheek should be forced to actually listen to the answers.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So far we have Randy Edsall, Hugh Freeze and Todd Graham.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn't want Freeze near Knoxville, but he has a conference title under his belt and has shown the ability to turn around an offense.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Clay Travis is an idiot. In one breath, martin is recruiting so bad that UT will never be competitive and in another says vandy will be much better than UT in football next year despite how we are recruiting

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, I don't think many would take Dooley over Todd Graham.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He said we wouldn't have much chance of being competitive the next two years if we miss on Stokes.

Another point on Freeze, his Ark State team beat MTSU worse than UT did, just zayin.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I would, but I know Graham a little and he's an utter douche. Don't think Graham could even begin to recruit with Dooley.

We can all hate the coaching as it has appeared thus far, but the recruiting has been stout given the circumstances. There aren't many outside the SEC that we'd trade for on the recruiting trail. I honestly think we'd all be made happy if the player undermining stopped and his lieutenants could get something done.

14. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

david cutcliff?

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Do you think Duke would make that trade?

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They're probably even more upset because they could have hired James Franklin. I don't like the guy but so many people are amazed that he got Vandy to 6 wins this year.

17. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Muschamp

Muschamp -- The guy might actually be insane.

18. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

No, Travis is full of shit. Vandy was a lot of smoke, smoldering fire, and a ton of luck. Not saying that we were a lot better this year because at times we looked like a dumpser fire,but Vandy is Vandy. I don't know about the rest of you, but I think our defense will dominate several teams next year. Just my two cents.....

As far as trading coaching....don't know of many, if any, that would trade at this second. Although from listening to the UGA fans, they are about to hit the Mike Shula era as soon as Richt decides that he no longer wants to put up with their bullshit.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm not sure why. Vandy played some teams closer than they probably should have, but they went 2-6 in the league and their best win was against Wake Forest. That is pretty much typical of the results Bobby Johnson, Gerry DiNardo, and Woody Wiedenhofer produced.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Would Temple be willing to trade us Adazzio for Dooley?

Ouch.